• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Froyo and Car Bluetooth connection

I have an HTC Desire from 3UK which came with Android 1.6 installed. It was working well, including automatically connecting with my Sony Bluetooth Radio in my Galaxy, but on a friends advice I upgraded over the air to Android 2.2. After that the phone would pair with the radio but would not maintain a connection.

I tried all the things suggested in the various postings short of rolling back to version 1.6 all to no avail. Eventually I did a Factory data reset, expecting that to take me back to version 1.6 but in fact it did something like a fresh installation of version 2.2.

The good news is that for some reason it fixed the problem with my bluetooth connection! Please do not ask me why. I now am a happy Froyo user.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones