Galaxy Nexus Watering Hole

Last Updated:

1. jmar

jmar Nexican VIP Member

You seem to be on your way to guide. Even though I haven't modded my Nexus yet I have found you to be very helpful. Once I get a not so poppy precious in my hands I will be scouring your posts for recommendations!

jbdan likes this.
  2. RazorSharp

RazorSharp Well-Known Member

3. HanSolo

HanSolo Guest

Okay. So I'm running Gummynex 4.0.3, with Franco's kernel, and the blue softkey mod.

I love it so far! Very smooth and quick.

I'm hoping my apps will work as well as they did for Universal HD, but I'm not holding out too much hope for Netflix 1080.

How's this for minimalist? lol

CaptainRon and IndecisiveElle like this.
  4. jbdan

jbdan Well-Known Member

hehe. The madness of flashing (my OCD) learns me lots :p

But thanks jmar you're too kind.
  5. jbdan

jbdan Well-Known Member

You know I'm a fan of minimalism, but I like functionality too :p

Glad you're enjoying Gummy/franco combo I'm gonna put the Gummy/Apex combo through the ringer today (also disabled goog talk as some have pointed out with the awake issues) and see what happens.
  6. jmar

jmar Nexican VIP Member

7. BabyBlues

BabyBlues Trouble Just Finds Me! VIP Member

8. jmar

jmar Nexican VIP Member

I am a flashaholic but must get a better Nexus. My wife is almost thrilled that I got a lemon cos I'm not flashing like a crazy man!

jbdan likes this.
  9. RazorSharp

RazorSharp Well-Known Member

Yay! Glad I finally convinced you. :D
  10. dawnierae

dawnierae Well-Known Member

There's no reason why they shouldn't exchange at a different store. If the eyelash blinking and sweet talk (with full southern accent turned on and a little extra twang thrown in) doesn't work, guess I'll have to break out my kung foo moves. :p
    jmar, vandyman and jbdan like this.
  11. vandyman

vandyman Well-Known Member

jbdan likes this.
  12. dawnierae

dawnierae Well-Known Member

I've hardly used anything BUT chrome for the past two years. The only time I use IE is for our TPA's website that is so old, I can't login and access the data I need in chrome.
    jbdan likes this.
  13. HanSolo

HanSolo Guest

I added the Bob-clock widget back on. I wish I could get the same blue that the system uses, but I can't seem to nail it. Oh well.

My buttons for apps, phone, gmail, messaging, and web are still there, they're just invisible (simple black images using Desktop Visualizer). I only like one row of buttons on the bottom, not two.

I wish that a dev would release a rom that allows us to customize the circle app drawer button and do away with the line above it. My only other alternative is Go Launcher Ex and I hate that app drawer that comes with it, now that I've been spoiled by the ICS stock app drawer. :(
    jbdan, jasaero and jmar like this.
  14. jasaero

jasaero Well-Known Member

Hah. I would actually prefer a scrolling app drawer rather than the pages one. Default always seems to be pages now though. I like one flick and then a press to stop to get where I want to be in a long list of stuff. The pages are probably nice if you don't keep much stuff installed I guess, but I like trying all sorts of junk and end up with lots of apps.
  15. jbdan

jbdan Well-Known Member

I linked to hex code color for stock ICS blue a while back. Dang I knew I should have saved it as a bookmark! I'll look for it.

Invisi apps excellent!

I think Nova will be the first app with these options and it is built from the ICS launcher. As for rom's with this feature I'm sure someone will create...only thing is that it limits its popularity due to people wanting more of choice. Roman seems to have jumped on this "optional UI tweaks" train early and so far it is still my favorite .3 rom (not launcher tweaks though).

Look what I found :)
    BabyBlues likes this.
  16. BabyBlues

BabyBlues Trouble Just Finds Me! VIP Member

You convinced me about a week or two ago. I had a couple spare minutes last night before putting my daughter to bed so I loaded it. I know near the beginning of this thread you gave me more stuff to use on it so I'll probably be doing that once I've had enough 'aunts, uncles and cousins time' on Christmas. Thankfully everyone but my mom has come to accept that I love technology so me having a laptop on is no big deal.
  17. HanSolo

HanSolo Guest

well I installed the Nova Launcher from recovery as a system apk, and that allows me to change the app drawer icon to an invisible image.

Now all I need is for that pesky gray line to go away! Then I'm golden. . .

Come on, devs!

Edit: I also want that notification bar to be hidden if I prefer. Ugh. Two frakking little tweaks, and that's it.

Just 2!!!
    jbdan likes this.
  18. Mach Droid

Mach Droid Well-Known Member

Did anyone see the video of the Fed Ex guy delivering a computer monitor on the news last night? MUST SEE!
  19. IndecisiveElle

IndecisiveElle Well-Known Member

Well grades are slowly coming in -- B+ and a C so far. Considering for the class I got a C in, I flat out didn't turn in a paper and never went, not too shabby.
    BabyBlues, Khatmandu and RazorSharp like this.
  20. altimax98

altimax98 Well-Known Member

Don't get me wrong lol, some are good. But with so many kangs off different sources it makes universal mods almost impossible.
    jbdan likes this.
  21. HanSolo

HanSolo Guest

22. jbdan

jbdan Well-Known Member

Yup the modding is turning into a mess, par for the course I'd say :p

It will all come together at some point.....hopefully.
  23. jbdan

jbdan Well-Known Member

Good question. That is app dependent....
  24. woodstorm

woodstorm Well-Known Member

Big Boss just gave us marshmallow guns for Christmas. Productivity levels are now officially 0%.
    Police yer mallows gentlemen. I can reload em
    jbdan and vandyman like this.
  25. Khatmandu

Khatmandu Well-Known Member

Yep, they have a few different packages you can get. Got one as a thank you gift to a long-time employee who was retiring earlier this year. They have some jewelry now too, charm bracelet type stuff if I recall. Don't think they have the animals any longer though, which is a shame.