• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Galaxy Nexus Watering Hole

Today was my first day back at work since December 14 (my employer requires that we take all of our accrued vacation days before the end of the year) ... which means it was my first day of work since Nexmas Day.

Somehow it seemed that something was missing from my workday routine... I didn't seem quite as pressed for time as I used to be. Then I realized it was because I was no longer checking the Epic Pre-release Thread every fifteen minutes! Really freed up some time...

Reactions: Member112085
Upvote 0
Samsung Galaxy Nexus stock camera vs HDR Camera+ APP.

Below are daytime and nighttime comparison shots.

Daytime:
Here's a simple test between Galaxy Nexus' stock camera and HDR Camera+ App. actually the stock camera is not doing a bad job. The HDR of course is creating a more evenly lit scene and is popping up the colors and contrast a bit. Stock takes the pic in an instant, HDR will take a moment or two, not too long of lag. Overall the image seems superior to the stock camera.

testhdrcam++.jpg

Nighttime:
Obviously the difference is much more visible in daylight shots. in Nighttime, in someways the HDR is a handicap because it sits there for about 3 or so seconds taking multi-pics, so if your hands move, or your scenery changes, such as cars moving in front of the lens the image is basically ruined.

testhdrcam+++.jpg

So, with HDR, this is what happens with shooting moving objects at night. I assume this would also happen to fast moving objects in day light:

testhdrcam.jpg

and because of the time delay on HDR's multi-pic that's specially noticeable in low light shooting, it's impossible to keep the camera steady, so your images are actually more blurry than the stock camera.

testhdr-cam.jpg

Conclusion:

HDR Camera APP:
> Good for day light
> Bad for low light (unless camera is stationary and scenery is static which let's face it is near impossible for cellphone use)

:) I do like it for daylight though.

Upvote 0
Here are daytime and nighttime shots in one post.

Obviously the difference is much more visible in daylight shots. in Nighttime, in someways the HDR is a handicap because it sits there for about 3 or so seconds taking multi-pics, so if your hands move, or your scenery changes, such as cars moving in front of the lens the image is basically ruined.

testhdrcam+++.jpg

and here's daylight again:
testhdrcam++.jpg

So, with HDR, this is what happens with shooting moving objects at night. I assume this would also happen to fast moving objects in day light:

testhdrcam.jpg

and because of the time delay on HDR's multi-pic that's specially noticeable in low light shooting, it's impossible to keep the camera steady, so your images are actually more blurry than the stock camera.

testhdr-cam.jpg

Conclusion,

HDR Camera APP:
> Good for day light
> Bad for low light (unless camera is stationary and scenery is static which let's face it is near impossible for cellphone use)

:) I do like it for daylight though.

Nice info there... what HDR app did you use?

Upvote 0
Had an issue here at home today with the local cable internet. Had to call them cause I was seeing about 15kbs on my pc download...oye.
Took a speedtest.net reading on the Nexi and got these results:
KrvorJVN

Bottom 3 are before I called them. Next two are after and all on wifi. Top three are after I called them...but on 4g. Nice.
Oh...and still stock 4.0.2 unrooted.

Upvote 0
Reactions: SolidOrange
Upvote 0
I don't know what I would have done with 16 gigs. I've only got 2 gigs of free space now as it is!

I have 27 free. :D
But I have no music on it and no movies.

I would also like some warmth sent north please. Or east for you west coasters. I do not like waking up and seeing its 13°

Reactions: Mr. Link
Upvote 0
I have 27 free. :D
But I have no music on it and no movies.

I would also like some warmth sent north please. Or east for you west coasters. I do not like waking up and seeing its 13°

I would send some of our degrees your way if I could...its 46 at 512am....its nice to sit out with coffee and watch the sun rise!! Then again, I honestly would trade you. Wish we actually had "weather" in this part of Cali...its mostly always 70 and sunny!! I miss snow and fall and freezing...

Upvote 0
I would send some of our degrees your way if I could...its 46 at 512am....its nice to sit out with coffee and watch the sun rise!! Then again, I honestly would trade you. Wish we actually had "weather" in this part of Cali...its mostly always 70 and sunny!! I miss snow and fall and freezing...

Thanks. I would miss fall. That's it. I abhor winter.

Upvote 0
Good morning Nexlings! Looks like the multimedia dock I have my eye on was pushed back to January 10th. I thought that might be the case since the status never changed from "preorder". Anyone have their eyes on other horizontal docks?

On the job front, the meeting requests were sent out yesterday. My wife will know her fate at 12:30 tomorrow and ALL of IT will know at 3:00 PM tomorrow. I don't have a good feeling about them gathering all of IT for one meeting, but we'll see. Hoping for the best but preparing for the worst!

It was 18 degrees this morning when we woke up. Love it!

Upvote 0
Good morning Nexlings! Looks like the multimedia dock I have my eye on was pushed back to January 10th. I thought that might be the case since the status never changed from "preorder". Anyone have their eyes on other horizontal docks?

On the job front, the meeting requests were sent out yesterday. My wife will know her fate at 12:30 tomorrow and ALL of IT will know at 3:00 PM tomorrow. I don't have a good feeling about them gathering all of IT for one meeting, but we'll see. Hoping for the best but preparing for the worst!

It was 18 degrees this morning when we woke up. Love it!

good luck..all good thoughts for you guys.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones