Galaxy Nexus Watering Hole

1. Stigy

Stigy Some say... VIP Member

Good morning everyone! Pretty nice out today except for the wind.

Had breakfast at home today (trying to save money on eating breakfast and lunch) and it feels weird not eating breakfast at work today. Gonna go grab a big bottle of water for now cause I am trying to force myself to drink more water lately. Need to just grab one of those plastic-y bottles.

Also some lulz for the morning.
    [​IMG]
    jbdan and MSUgEEk like this.
  2. ryancmatchett

ryancmatchett VIP Member VIP Member

3. Copacetic

Copacetic Well-Known Member

4. MSUgEEk

MSUgEEk Well-Known Member

Anyone know a good credit card with a good rewards program?
  5. BabyBlues

BabyBlues Trouble Just Finds Me! Moderator

I highly doubt that its anything to worry about. I am by no means an expert on that though.

And just to make sure everyone is awake, Happy Tuesday.......
    [​IMG]
  6. NCTurner

NCTurner Well-Known Member

Sorry....I'm just not sure. I googled the filename, but it didn't find any hits, which is probably a good sign I would think? You might want to contact McAfee and ask them...they usually are pretty responsive, and don't like 'false positives'.
    ryancmatchett likes this.
  7. jbdan

jbdan Well-Known Member

Gorgeous day, gorgeous last 4 weeks! Mornin'

OH yeah

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ANTI!!

GB you brother <><
    AntimonyER likes this.
  8. CaptainRon

CaptainRon Well-Known Member

Looks like everyone is up and running today. Personally I've got a ton of yard and paper work to get done before leaving again Thursday for two weeks
  9. Stigy

Someone recently pointed me in the direction of this card: Starwood Hotel Rewards Card Bonus up to 25,000 Bonus Starpoints with Starwood Hotel Credit Card Rewards | MaximizingMoney.com

I currently have an American Express Blue Cashback and my Visa +1 Student card and they are both pretty good. Nothing to write home about so I am actually looking for something different to start getting some good rewards with.

The Amex Blue Cash Preferred (which I am preapproved for once a week) is $75 a year but doubles the cash back of the regular card so I need to do some math to see if its worth it.
  10. BabyBlues

Its Antimony's birthday??!!! Hmmmmm......in that case.......

[​IMG]
  11. MSUgEEk

I just got done looking at that Blue Cash Preferred. Looks good but that annual fee is a deal breaker for me. I won't use it for anything other than work travel more than likely just to keep my bank account from taking the hit up front before I get reimbursed. They used to provide everyone with a card but now you only get one if you travel a lot, which I don't...maybe 2-3 times per year. But if I can earn a flight or a few hundred bucks based on what I spend for work every couple of years it'd be worth the hassle of a credit card. I don't own a single one right now.
  12. MSUgEEk

All I can see is the red X....stupid work filter blocking out that picture :(
  13. Stigy

I use my CC for pretty much everything but I pay it off once or twice a month. I use to carry a small balance because I read by doing so would help your credit score, but recently they said the algorithms have changed and its better to be paid off completely monthly so that's what I do. I just use it to get rewards and points my checking account doesn't offer.

Check out the one I linked above and then this is a good site for some reviews. Also this site is some really good reviews by people who actually use those cards. Best Credit Card Deals: 5000+ Reviews & Offers | Credit Card Forum
    NCTurner and MSUgEEk like this.
  14. disasterinc

disasterinc New Member

I got the same message on my rooted galaxy nexus this morning. As a quick test I uninstalled mcafee and installed lookout. A scan of the phone revealed no malware/spyware. I'm guessing/hoping it's a mcafee false positive. I also wrote the "su" developer about this to get his opinion.
  15. Stigy

People still use Mcafee? Ugh what an awful program.

Lookout on the phone and Microsoft Security Essentials on the PC. No other worries ever.
    ryancmatchett likes this.
  16. AntimonyER

AntimonyER AF Addict VIP Member

Thanks for the Bday wishes! I get the day off to help the wifey. Of course that means I will be waiting on her hand and foot on MY birthday, but oh well. Maybe she will return the favor on hers?

YEAH RIGHT! :p
  17. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

Welcome to the forums and our nutjob thread we got here! :D

I don't use any anti-virus app at all. Android is based on Linux and it's proven time and again, it is very difficult to infect and/or hacked. The biggest thing is only install apps that you trust from devs. and you should be fine.
  18. bradm77

bradm77 Well-Known Member

So, I finally unlocked, then decided "What the heck, I am going to try a ROM for just once in my life" - so I booted into clockwork, applied the newest liquid plus extras, and now my phone is sitting forever at the liquid boot animation and wont do anything else.

I just killed my Nexus didnt I?? :( :( :(

I should have known that I am too stupid to even try this stuff.
  19. Stigy

Happy birthday! :D
  20. BabyBlues

You are not too stupid. You are not stupid at all. I had issues rooting too. Someone here will be able to help. I know they will.
    And Hi!
  21. Stigy

Let's review the steps to make sure nothing bad happened.

You downloaded Liquid and Gapps (which I assume is in Extras? Never used Liquid before). Then you unlocked the phone via fastboot oem unlock, correct? Then you booted into Clockword recovery and flashed Liquid and the other package via Clockwork?

Now its just sitting at boot animation?

Are these steps any different than what you did? How to: Root the Galaxy Nexus 4G LTE, Flash a Custom Recovery and Make a Backup [Verizon] – Droid Life
  22. bradm77

AFTER I unlocked, but BEFORE I applied liquid, I did the su.zip thing to achieve root.............
  23. Stigy

24. Stigy

Yup exactly.

You should unlock the phone, THEN push su.zip to the phone. Then you reboot into the bootloader and apply Clockwork.
  25. bradm77

Thats what I did, now I am stuck at the liquid boot animation. I am going to go back into clockwork and do a factory wipe, if that doesnt fix it, then I assume I am toast?