Galaxy Nexus Watering Hole

1. halon

halon hakuna matata VIP Member

What's the deal with these comments that pop up once in awhile about discussing what we are wearing on dates?
  2. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations! Moderator

I have chosen to be a Guide for the non-rooters in the forum. So THERE :p
  3. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

Gotcha Chief. For the custom ROMs, I mainly just wanted my search button back along with setting up the notification bar to my liking. ICS has done a lot for Android, so I'm not running much to ruin it.
  4. agentc13

agentc13 Daleks Über Alles VIP Member

They are spam, just report them.
    Unforgiven likes this.
  5. IHateMyTreo

IHateMyTreo Well-Known Member

Not if it concerns BB's upcoming big date! That's not spam, it's on topic:)
    BabyBlues likes this.
  6. BabyBlues

BabyBlues Trouble Just Finds Me! Moderator

Except that he reads the thread too so for me to post would mean he gets a sneak peek before landing on Friday. :D
  7. jmar

jmar Nexican VIP Member

Hey guys/gals. What do y'all use to back up SMS/mms? I wanna flash b36 but I hate losing SMS/mms!
  8. Copacetic

Copacetic Well-Known Member

The storm finally stopped here and we were watching an action movie with sirens in it when I felt the house shake and realized it was fire trucks going down the beach to a neighbors house. By the time we got down the block, it was fully engulfed, five fire trucks, both from our town and surrounding communities. We are surrounded by a lot of vacation summer homes and season starts here in two weeks, we think the house was unoccupied. In another two weeks our sleepy little island will be full of tourists and by then every beach house will be occupied. Count your blessings, say some prayers that everyone is safe.
    BabyBlues likes this.
  9. AntimonyER

AntimonyER AF Addict VIP Member

Good Morning all. Copacetic, sounds like a crazy night. Hopefully it was just property lost. I imagine the storms you had were an extension of the line that went through me too, they were definitely nasty.
  10. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

Morning everyone. Still raining like crazy here and all through the night. No thunder and lightening though. Have my dentist appointment today and then not much else to do. Probably just spend this rainy day on here!
  11. MSUgEEk

MSUgEEk Well-Known Member

Morning all. Training all morning for me, so I'll be scarce...maybe that's a good thing...
  12. Copacetic

The_Chief likes this.
  13. Unforgiven

Unforgiven What does this button do? Moderator

I use app extractor pro for all my backup needs as it extracts from my nandroid, which I do before I try anything that will bork my phone. I also use SMS Backup+ free in the market to backup to my GMail account, but that doesn't restore MMS very well. But I like being able to read message threads online and be able to print them out easily if necessary.

Have fun, hope its at least something useful.
    jmar likes this.
  14. Stigy

Stigy Some say... VIP Member

Goooood morning all. Crappy weather here today and its hot in the office, which sucks but oh well.

Started reading the Harry Potter books on my Playbook. I've seen all the movies, but never read any of the books so its funny seeing what they left out of the movies as you read the books. The Playbook is definitely a nice little tablet for reading, love the size of it (that's what she said).

Finished a puzzle with my girlfriend last night - we gotta glue it together and frame it. It was pretty sweet (see below).

[​IMG]

Lifehacker is one of my favorite blogs ever. Good post too - I love me some bacon.

Do you find SMS Backup kills some battery or its not noticeable? I used to use it but felt it was eating away at my battery when it backed up my messages. I'd love to start using it again to keep an archive.
  15. Unforgiven

Unforgiven What does this button do? Moderator

I'll have to check your photo on my phone in a bit.

I haven't noticed any particular battery drain, but I also don't have dozens of messages a day like my step son (average 5k per month between send/receive:rolleyes:).
  16. BabyBlues

Good morning everyone!

I use BackUp to Gmail. I haven't had to restore any thing yet but it saves SMS and MMS right to your Gmail folders. It will also do call logs.
    jmar likes this.
  17. dawnierae

dawnierae Well-Known Member

Morning everyone! Still drizzly and overcast here, but at least it's warm. (Well...outside it's warm. In my office, it's like the Arctic Circle.)

Ummm...I have a list you can work on. :D

Mmmmmmmm....BACON!!!!!!!!!! I've never heard of this method. I may have to try it, because I do love me some crispy bacon!
  18. Stigy

For those that remember Capta that I shared a few months back, they company has come up with a new Kickstarter and this one is much cheaper in a smaller package. Hook it onto your keys to have something always with you to hold your phone up - I already backed it. Gonna keep one at work and one at my desk at home.

Vavo: Universal stand and mount for smart phones/devices by UDS (Unique Design Solutions) — Kickstarter

I'll check this one out - no problems with battery drain BB?
  19. BabyBlues

20. Roze

Roze Hiding behind a mystery VIP Member

I think it depends on your situation. If you're an Asian man, it's less stigmatized as you're expected to live at home until you're married.

haha, I doubt he was :p We had tea, a quick dinner and he drove me home (the opposite direction from his home). He's definitely outside of my comfort zone, so I'm trying to be open minded to him. He's under friend' list so far.

I prefer the HP books to the movies. I couldn't stand some of the actors in the first few movies.

Cool puzzle :) You should definitely frame that!

It seems my math problem question spiralled into a very heated discussion! lol
  21. halon

It sure did. Then it ended with the mention of spaghetti. Had to be there :D
  22. Copacetic

It's Tuesday, in case anyone else besides but BB is counting, lol.
    BabyBlues likes this.
  23. halon

I have always loved the service for phones on Verizon, but their billing is killing me. I keep getting these outrageous bills and every time they call they explain and it comes down to I OWE. I'm at a loss. I pay for unlimited. I pay for my moms phone. Those 2 should be around $120. My sister sends me her share. And I'm left with a ridiculous amount, at least $100 more than it should be. Yet somehow they are able to explain it. FML.
  24. Stigy

Ugh, not sure what's going on with my Nexus but look how low my memory is - posted in LeanKernel thread. Hopefully someone over there can help.

[​IMG]