Galaxy Nexus Watering Hole

Last Updated:

1. ajdroidx

ajdroidx Well-Known Member

Samsung ripping off Apple!? Huh?

You know samsung makes some of Apples IC components, right? Guess they could be shoving those into their own devices?

Personally I think Apple has be synonymous with generic.
    MP3 player = iPod
    Smart phone = iphone
    Tablet = ipad
    facial tissue = kleenex

I had a Xoom and one time I was sitting at a taco bell with it in the folio case and I was asked if it was an iPad. Someone sees one of these devices and most of the time the default is Apple. I think the iPad is the only large tablet that operates in portrait mode as default. My Xoom is in landscape. The Galaxy tab 10.1, landscape, though in the lawsuit, the where both presented in portrait orientation. To me, this reeks of "generic terms" Just think, facial tissue = kleenex.

Apple has done nothing but SUE android handset makers. Steve jobs said android was stolen product. I could have swore my HTC dream (G1) had voice search. Had slide to unlock. Had NOTIFICATIONS. Those "notifications" did not show up in apples line up until iOS 5!

Apple buys patents, then goes after android once they are secured (okay, perhaps a grossly oversimplified statement).

I don't recall google suing Apple, or what not. I do think a couple of the hardware makers have attempted to do so.

Look, the bottom line is, I think these lawsuits are ridiculous. I see iDevices have become synonymous with generic. Not generic as in "cheap" quite the contrary. The iPhone 4 and 4s are beautiful devices. Solid. So is the iPad, which, to me, seems like an oversized iPhone, but that is just my view. Heck, I may be a bit of an android "fanboy" but I will let you in on a bit of a secret. I am writing this on a 15" Macbook pro. I did not know I was "arrogant."

Both platforms have their place!

I am just personally tired of seeing all these lawsuits. Seems like Apple is just pitching a fit because they are not the only game in town.

2. BabyBlues

BabyBlues Trouble Just Finds Me! VIP Member

Well, packing is complete. Clothes are laid out for tomorrow. Time for bed. Doubt I'll be around too much tomorrow ans definitely not Sunday through Wednesday. Will return Thursday and commence playing catch up with my family here. Play nice together !!
    dawnierae and Lucky Armpit like this.
  3. halon

halon hakuna matata VIP Member

JB v5 has been up for quite awhile. I'm thinking it is safe to flash?
  4. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

Have a great trip! We'll try not to kill eachother, but it'll be tough without our resident mommy around. ;)

Morning everyone! Well it looks like I definitely have to unroot the wife's Bionic. It's just completely screwed up. She can't get any 4G and now the notification for it being plugged in doesn't go away once it's unplugged. :confused:
    BabyBlues likes this.
  5. Unforgiven

Unforgiven -.. --- - / -.. .- ... .... Moderator

Evan tests for his purple belt this morning, wish him luck.
  6. breadnatty08

Good luck, Evan, I'm sure he'll do great! :)

Well, looks to be a successful unrooting, however there's still a ton of remnants of Liberty ROM left even after a Factory Reset. :confused:
    Restoring all the apps and then attempt to update the firmware as I know it's way out of date. Hoping to get it done soon as I hate looking at this terrible screen. :rolleyes::p
    Unforgiven likes this.
  7. Copacetic

Copacetic Well-Known Member

Good Luck Evan, have fun BB! Anyone have a recommendation for an automatic wifi unlocker, you know, one that when it detects a trusted network, it unlocks the phone without you having to enter your password? I was using one from a developer over at xda and it will not let me add any new trusted networks, I can't even find the app any more and the last update on the xda page is very old. Looking for a new app, any suggestions?
    Unforgiven and BabyBlues like this.
  8. BabyBlues

BabyBlues Trouble Just Finds Me! VIP Member

Good luck Evan!!
    Unforgiven likes this.
  9. breadnatty08

Is this something that Tasker could do?
  10. Lucky Armpit

Lucky Armpit Well-Known Member

Good morning all, went for a bike ride at 7 o'clock before it got too hot. I got back to find out the ICS upgrade was available for my Razr Maxx. Downloading now. :D

BabyBlues, be safe and have a great time! See you when you get back! Lots of pics!
    BabyBlues likes this.
  11. breadnatty08

Congrats on ICS! While I'm on JB...;):p Hoping to load one of the leaked ICS ROMs on the Bionic once it's completely fixed. Crossing fingers I don't brick!
    Lucky Armpit likes this.
  12. AntimonyER

AntimonyER AF Addict VIP Member

Good luck Evan!
  13. halon

Just installed JB v5. Everything seems fine. My 4g is only showing one bar but I'm not sure if it is because of location or anything else? Phone is still showing T CDMA 64. Looks like I'll have to flash the add-on also to fix that.

EDIT: Full 4g now
  14. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations! Moderator

Halon, I'm flashing it... just as soon as I get a decent CWM flashed. I had to go from Touch to regular and I must have a bad DL or something... very few things are selecting (like install from SD card - it just sits there). Thank Heaven I started with wipe cache and not something more serious!
  15. halon

I decided to check out the Verizon pre release thread of the SIII.

They are talking about beer :confused:
  16. The_Chief

Why is CWM telling me "Back menu button disabled"?

Is this yet ANOTHER bad flash or is something screwy? I do not want to wipe data and then be unable to proceed. Very few things are selecting here!

EDIT: I am STUCK in recovery. Can't select ANYTHING, even "reboot system now". Gonna have to do a battery pull and flash CWM from Wug's Toolkit I guess...
  17. halon

sometime it takes awhile.

That "Back menu button disabled" shouldn't be a problem. I noticed it says that when you scroll over it but it still works.
  18. AntimonyER

I get this all the time. Try holding down up and down volume at same time.
    The_Chief likes this.
  19. Unforgiven

That's a goofy thing with cwm, just keep scrolling up and down and you will see back button enabled or something like that
  20. The_Chief

Thanks folks... proceeding...

Boot up successful! Restoring now with TiBU :D
  21. Unforgiven

He is second from the left and as a note, the other kids are 7 & 8 years old to give you an idea of how tall he is as he won't be 5 for another two weeks.

22. ajdroidx

ajdroidx Well-Known Member

Well, it is a verizon prerelease thread, so they likely need the beer :D
  23. AntimonyER

Way to go Evan!
    Unforgiven likes this.
  24. The_Chief

YAYYY Evan! Hiyaa! :D

On a Nexus note:

Set up JB, very fast and smooth! Restored stuff, set up my screens in Nova, rebooted fine to set the MyBackupPro restore, and trouble.

Had my first (and hopefully only) bootloop. Battery pull, reboot. All's well so far.

Aww, spit. Spoke too soon... went to send a text and it rebooted. And now it's looping again. I'm gonna give it ONE MORE SHOT and then nandroid back to AOKP :(

EDIT: Now it's stuck on the bootanimation. ANOTHER battery pull. Stuck in boot animation AGAIN. This ROM is clearly not ready for prime time... at least not for Ginny. She's not liking this one at all.
    Unforgiven likes this.
  25. AntimonyER

My thoughts exactly...

Speaking of pre-release threads, I decided to take a trip down memory lane, and watched the Hitler video that Roosevelt made for the GNex thread. That was a classic.