Galaxy won't turn onSupport

1. Beards

Beards Well-Known Member

Glad to have been of assistance. :)
  2. dhiruko

dhiruko New Member

I had a problem where my Samsung epic 4g phone froze, I took out the battery and when I put it back in I restarted my phone and it was stuck on the samsung screen with the 4 lights coming on. It satys on then turns off and restarts same thing... I followed your steps, now it has the battery on it and it's stuck again. I have it plugged in... I'm so frustrated....
    Please help me. *~*
  3. dhiruko

dhiruko New Member

This is exactly what mine was doing!!! :) It just goes off and starts over, I'm not turning mine off.
    After doing your instructions to resolve this issue, it's now stuck on the battery pic with a semi circle in the middle....
    I'd really appreciate any comments that will help resolve this issue so I can continue my life. :)
  4. Beards

Beards Well-Known Member

In some cases what happens is corruption builds up which eventually gets the better of the Tab and it ends up in a loop.

Option 1 ~ Keep on powering the Device and LEAVE it alone... If it switches off and reboots let it do this.
    What it is doing at this stage is slowly rectifying the errors.
    I had this problem once with my Tab and I have heard from the Samsung Service Centre near where I live of others who had similar issues.
    Hopefully if the problem is not embedded the device should sort itself out.

Option 2 ~ Provided you can do the following, drop the device into Recovery Mode and perform a Factory Reset.

Option 3 ~ Take the device to your nearest Samsung Service Centre and let them sort it out.
    This is easier than you may think and more often the case they can fix it there and then whilst you wait.
  5. Trevorr722

Trevorr722 Member

Thank you!! Just had that problem and your suggestion worked.
  6. Redsonja

Redsonja New Member

Thanks a million, like everyone else, I was in panic mode when it wouldn't turn on. I quickly googled what to do and this forum was found! Worked like a charm the touch the screen while hitting the button. Darn technology!:eek:
  7. Beards

Beards Well-Known Member

No problem Guys.... and if you feel like contributing please leave a Thank You vote.
    All Thank You votes are converted into Charitable donations.
    It's in my Sig which you will find at my first post of the topic.
    italia27 likes this.
  8. italia27

italia27 New Member

I joined just for you!
    Absolutely awesome!
    Worked like a charm!
  9. Beards

Beards Well-Known Member

My pleasure.... and many thanks for the vote.
    That's another
  10. cmcole101

cmcole101 New Member

What a simple solution and totally awesome!! WHEW!! I was getting a bit concerned that Samsung Support Center was going to need a visit. :=)

Thank you HUGELY, Beards.:)
  11. Beards

Beards Well-Known Member

No problem... Pleased it worked out fine for you. :)
  12. DunkinD

DunkinD New Member

Beards,

Many thanks for a clear and simple solution.

I have a 10.1 with Honeycomb (and the TouchWiz update) and I'm sorry to say the GT still has the problem.
  13. Beards

Beards Well-Known Member

Yes, unfortunately the 10.1 Tab does not support this method 'correctly'.
    I'm working on finding a fix for the 10.1 Tab.
  14. E_fam

E_fam New Member

Beards,

Awesome fix! So silly how little things make all the difference but figuring out the little thing is half the battle. Thanks for the answer.
  15. Beards

Beards Well-Known Member

No problem... Glad it worked out fine for you.
  16. Catfish

Catfish Well-Known Member

For anyone still with no boot problems, your issue can be hardware. I am helping a friend fix their tab 7 and it wouldnt boot/charge due to corossion in the charging socket. He lives near the beach so salt in the air is the cause of such corossion. He only had the tab about 3 months!

See my thread with picture attached: http://androidforums.com/galaxy-tab...aning-corossion-mainboard-galaxy-tab-7-a.html

Anyone that can help me in cleaning the corossion is appreciated.
  17. AmHub

AmHub Member

Like many other users after my google search brought me here I joined just to say Thank You Beards.
    I don't know what I would have done except head back to BB to return my new tab if I had not found this post.

So, many many thanks to Beards.
  18. Beards

Beards Well-Known Member

No problem AmHub. Pleased you got it working again.

Welcome to the Forum. :)
  19. vpempresario

vpempresario New Member

THAAAANK YOU!!!! I was already panicking...whew
  20. vpempresario

vpempresario New Member

me too...! i joined just to say thanks!
  21. Beards

Beards Well-Known Member

No problem..... Pleased as punch it worked out fine for you.
    Thanks.... Every vote of thanks means a lot to my team.

Welcome to the forum. :)
  22. llacman

llacman New Member

Beards,

I had the same problem so I thought it was a wrap. Thanks to your post, I'm happy again. I created an account just to tell you thanks!!
  23. Beards

Beards Well-Known Member

Pleased it worked out fine for you.

Many thanks for the vote, it will come in handy and welcome to the forum. :)
  24. snjlee397

snjlee397 New Member

I also wanted to say thanks! I have only had my tablet for three weeks, and I put it on the charger last night before bed. When I came to the tablet this morning, it wouldn't power on! I was so angry. So, I went to google to see what I could find. It directed me to this site and I registered just to see your answer! IT WORKED! Here is my HUGE thank you! :):):) Sincerely! Jennifer
  25. Beards

Beards Well-Known Member

No problem Jennifer. As always pleased you found this topic and it worked for you.
    Please leave a vote of thanks if you feel it deserves it.
    Any votes received are converted into charitable donations.

Beards.
    thip likes this.