• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Galaxy won't turn on

Beards, I really need your help! I just got my factory recertified Tab. I am currently in Afghanistan with no way to put it on Wifi so I sent it home to my wife and she set it up for me and loaded all the apps I wanted then mailed it to me. When I first got it I hit the power button and it showed the battery was dead so I hooked it up to the charger and tried to turn it on and the screen went black. I tried the advice you gave early in this tread and nothing. When connected to my laptop trying the steps you gave gives me the indicator from the computer that it has detected a usb device but still no response from the Tab. I have tried charging it for a couple hours now with no change. Please help!

Upvote 0
Beards, I really need your help! I just got my factory recertified Tab. I am currently in Afghanistan with no way to put it on Wifi so I sent it home to my wife and she set it up for me and loaded all the apps I wanted then mailed it to me. When I first got it I hit the power button and it showed the battery was dead so I hooked it up to the charger and tried to turn it on and the screen went black. I tried the advice you gave early in this tread and nothing. When connected to my laptop trying the steps you gave gives me the indicator from the computer that it has detected a usb device but still no response from the Tab. I have tried charging it for a couple hours now with no change. Please help!
Are you still not getting any response from the Tab when operating under it's battery?
If you are what exactly are you seeing on the screen?

You could also try the following:-
Stuck on Samsung Load Cycle
1. Make sure it is turned off (hold power & vol + & vol - for a while to force it to turn off)

2. With it off, hold power & vol + until the moment you see the samsung logo and let go.

3. Clear the cache (navigation within this menu by using the vol +/- then select using the power key)

4. Reboot

5. Cross Fingers

Upvote 0
Are you still not getting any response from the Tab when operating under it's battery?
If you are what exactly are you seeing on the screen?

You could also try the following:-
Stuck on Samsung Load Cycle
1. Make sure it is turned off (hold power & vol + & vol - for a while to force it to turn off)

2. With it off, hold power & vol + until the moment you see the samsung logo and let go.

3. Clear the cache (navigation within this menu by using the vol +/- then select using the power key)

4. Reboot

5. Cross Fingers

Tried that too and nothing. Nothing I've tried gets any response on the screen. The only thing I've seen on the screen is the battery charging icon and I only got that the one time. Is it possible just the screen died?

Upvote 0
Tried that too and nothing. Nothing I've tried gets any response on the screen. The only thing I've seen on the screen is the battery charging icon and I only got that the one time. Is it possible just the screen died?

No, there's nothing wrong with your screen otherwise you wouldn't see anything.
The problem you describe is a corrupt list that is ffecting your bootup sequence.
Normally this is fixed using the method I describe to everyone. However, occasionally the corruption is quite severe which sounds is the case you have here.
Again, this can normally be corrected doing the clear cache I mention above.

So are you saying you can not even get to the Recovery Mode?
If you can't even get to this you have a serious problem.
Just update me with the Recovery Mode again.... Can you access it?

Upvote 0
No, there's nothing wrong with your screen otherwise you wouldn't see anything.
The problem you describe is a corrupt list that is ffecting your bootup sequence.
Normally this is fixed using the method I describe to everyone. However, occasionally the corruption is quite severe which sounds is the case you have here.
Again, this can normally be corrected doing the clear cache I mention above.

So are you saying you can not even get to the Recovery Mode?
If you can't even get to this you have a serious problem.
Just update me with the Recovery Mode again.... Can you access it?

I can't get any response at all from the Tab. Nothing comes on the screen, no sound, nothing. It's a brick.

Upvote 0
If that's the case I am very sorry but your only course of action is when next back in the UK take it to your nearest Samsung Service Centre.
Not what you wanted to hear sorry.... Service Centres are quite populated around the UK so you shouldn't have any issues in finding one.

They will attempt to 'try' and revive it. If no luck they will then authorize a warranty repair which would entail the Tablet being sent back to samsung.

Keep us informed how you get on and if we can offer you any further assistance.

Beards

Reactions: blkned
Upvote 0
hi everyone hope you can guide me and help with this, i have a few question if you guys can help me around it well my problem started 2-3days ago i have a galaxy tab running on 2.3.3 Gingerbread on overcome at 1st it's really working well smooth etc etc but 2-3 days ago my tab battery start to be stuck on 30% then going to 50% then going around to this level then i started read some link/post and they said that the .dat etc etc is bug then i try to look for it then deleted it then after 1 restart the bat stats ok then after i fully charge it then give my tabby a reboot (4hours later) same problem occurs and i notice that in the task manager tab there is a battery monitoring report i deleted it too then gave tabby a reboot then is now okay i think(not yet rebooted waiting for bat to be 100%) do you think what is my battery problem? how can i fix it? if in case? btw my tabby is like 7months old already geez hope it can be fix :-s hoping for your kind reply guys

P.S

Sorry for the bad English and im new here

Upvote 0
hi everyone hope you can guide me and help with this, i have a few question if you guys can help me around it well my problem started 2-3days ago i have a galaxy tab running on 2.3.3 Gingerbread on overcome at 1st it's really working well smooth etc etc but 2-3 days ago my tab battery start to be stuck on 30% then going to 50% then going around to this level then i started read some link/post and they said that the .dat etc etc is bug then i try to look for it then deleted it then after 1 restart the bat stats ok then after i fully charge it then give my tabby a reboot (4hours later) same problem occurs and i notice that in the task manager tab there is a battery monitoring report i deleted it too then gave tabby a reboot then is now okay i think(not yet rebooted waiting for bat to be 100%) do you think what is my battery problem? how can i fix it? if in case? btw my tabby is like 7months old already geez hope it can be fix :-s hoping for your kind reply guys

P.S

Sorry for the bad English and im new here
It sounds like the battery .dat file is corrupt and reading the rest of your message I would say have you considered carrying out a Factory Reset?

Upvote 0
It sounds like the battery .dat file is corrupt and reading the rest of your message I would say have you considered carrying out a Factory Reset?

well im planning to do that thing after i drain the battery out maybe later this day or after i got back home where the 3g or wifi is good right now i achieve 100% of the bat but when i restarted it the battery indicate that i have 60% which improve then i recharge it again and achieve a 100% again restarted it then i got 55% hmm then i try recovery mode then i see a swipe my voltage setting and a battery stat which is now im being tempted to do but still think about it (is this part of the overcome 4.0.0 or the tab itself?) and last resort going to hard reset my tabby using the hard reset which came with the overcome.......

btw where do i find the .dat of my battery? can i just delete it? or what?

Upvote 0
well im planning to do that thing after i drain the battery out maybe later this day or after i got back home where the 3g or wifi is good right now i achieve 100% of the bat but when i restarted it the battery indicate that i have 60% which improve then i recharge it again and achieve a 100% again restarted it then i got 55% hmm then i try recovery mode then i see a swipe my voltage setting and a battery stat which is now im being tempted to do but still think about it (is this part of the overcome 4.0.0 or the tab itself?) and last resort going to hard reset my tabby using the hard reset which came with the overcome.......

btw where do i find the .dat of my battery? can i just delete it? or what?
No, you will need to root your Tab to gain acces to the .dat file.

I'm off now, won't be back until late this evening... Have a busy day in surgery.

Upvote 0
Verizon galaxy tab 7....when i try to power on i get the samsung logo,buttons light up at the bottom ,then it flashes off...black screen again....cant get into reboot but can get the download screen(lil guy with the shovel)..help me wats wrong with my tab.....i tried the heimdall flash stock recovery...said successful but samsung logo and black screen is all i get.......heeelllllpppp......

Upvote 0
i tried this and i cant get pass the black screen.the samsung galaxy logo still comes in and then disappear...

....http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/SW/201010/20101026044755031/SAMSUNG...

(You need to be registered on our forum to download from step.2 onwards)
1. Main Firmware (227MB) ------------- Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!
2.Pit File (557b) --------------------- http://www.thegalaxytabforum.com/index.php?app=core&module=attach&sec...
3. dbdata fie (1.92Kb) ----------------- http://www.thegalaxytabforum.com/index.php?app=core&module=attach&sec...
4. Rooted Kernel (5.99MB) -- OPTIONAL CF-Root : http://www.thegalaxytabforum.com/index.php?app=core&module=attach&sec...
5. Flashing Program (196.71K) Odin3 V.17--------- http://www.thegalaxytabforum.com/index.php?app=core&module=attach&sec...

SO WHEN THIS DIDNT WORK I DID THE HEIMDALL FLASH BACK TO STOCK... NOW ITS JUST LIGHTS UP..I SEE THE BATTERY BAR POPS UP THEN MY SCREEN IT JUST GOES BLACK.....

Upvote 0
No, you will need to root your Tab to gain acces to the .dat file.

I'm off now, won't be back until late this evening... Have a busy day in surgery.

My tabby is already rooted :)
btw i have already a good battery status, back to normal 1day of use or more
(1whole 3Gconnection+GPS+LATITUDE+GAME+NET+VIDEO+MUSIC)since my tabby is now running on "Overcome 4.0.0" there a option that will restart it to recovery mode then there is a option/menu to swipe your tabby's voltage, cache, battery status i forgot the last part it's like davlik? not so sure that, let you swipe there record i just swipe all of it then i give my tabby a restart and it will then it give me my real "BATTERY STATUS" which i do every time i recharge, before and after i

DISCLAIMER: this is just for overcome tabby 4.0.0 i think, i done it like since Thursday so i think it's safe, so try it at your own risk :) if something happen to your tab it's not my fault i just sharing my experience LOL

Upvote 0
My tabby is already rooted :)
btw i have already a good battery status, back to normal 1day of use or more
(1whole 3Gconnection+GPS+LATITUDE+GAME+NET+VIDEO+MUSIC)since my tabby is now running on "Overcome 4.0.0" there a option that will restart it to recovery mode then there is a option/menu to swipe your tabby's voltage, cache, battery status i forgot the last part it's like davlik? not so sure that, let you swipe there record i just swipe all of it then i give my tabby a restart and it will then it give me my real "BATTERY STATUS" which i do every time i recharge, before and after i

DISCLAIMER: this is just for overcome tabby 4.0.0 i think, i done it like since Thursday so i think it's safe, so try it at your own risk :) if something happen to your tab it's not my fault i just sharing my experience LOL
Well done...:) It sounds like you are now sorted and I hope your message will be of use to others who have similar issues or looking for info relating to your post.

Beards

Upvote 0
Well done...:) It sounds like you are now sorted and I hope your message will be of use to others who have similar issues or looking for info relating to your post.

Beards

i think there a issue regarding the charging if my memory serve me right before that issue happen i over charge my tabby i charge it around 9pm then fell asleep then woke up around 6am then later that day or next charge i notice that issue is there a possibilities that over charge might be the fault? then when i clear the voltage and battery stats it's clear it to default again? hmm just wondering but it might be related

Upvote 0
i think there a issue regarding the charging if my memory serve me right before that issue happen i over charge my tabby i charge it around 9pm then fell asleep then woke up around 6am then later that day or next charge i notice that issue is there a possibilities that over charge might be the fault? then when i clear the voltage and battery stats it's clear it to default again? hmm just wondering but it might be related
It's a software issue that has never been rectified by Samsung I'm afraid.
There was talk quite a while back they would introduce it in one of their updates but this never was introduced as the issue was seen as minimal to some. Therefore for the many who did not have any issues it was not introduced for fear it may have created a greater problem.

Upvote 0
It's a software issue that has never been rectified by Samsung I'm afraid.
There was talk quite a while back they would introduce it in one of their updates but this never was introduced as the issue was seen as minimal to some. Therefore for the many who did not have any issues it was not introduced for fear it may have created a greater problem.

well if they really want to compete with apple they should attend to the smallest problem at least... btw what is the battery capacity life? for P1000?

Upvote 0
ok sir thank you :) btw if you can ask how much is it too hehe very much appreciated
If you mean the capacity it's 4,000mAh which should be good enough for up to 7 hours of video playback.

I'm still awaiting an official comment on your other question but I have a strong feeling although the battery is classified as a consumable which means it has a limited warranty, however as the battery can not be removed it is then covered by the Tabs full waranty which is 2 years.
As such the Tabs battery should also be covered for a 2yr period.

Upvote 0
I have a new Galaxy 10.1 Tab that I bought 2 months ago from Amazon. Has been working great until this morning. I went to turn it on and found no response. It had been charging all night. I tried holding the power button and screen for 30 seconds but nothing came on. I have been charging the device all day but still no response. Any advice? Help. I love this tab.

Upvote 0
I have a new Galaxy 10.1 Tab that I bought 2 months ago from Amazon. Has been working great until this morning. I went to turn it on and found no response. It had been charging all night. I tried holding the power button and screen for 30 seconds but nothing came on. I have been charging the device all day but still no response. Any advice? Help. I love this tab.
Can you boot into recovery manually(volume down and power button)? If you can (try doing a factory restore from within recovery) or as long as the device lights up there is a good chance you will be able to bring it back and be okay. also did you root the device?

Upvote 0
thanks for your advice. I tried what you said and still no power. I did notice however when I held down the power button and touch the screen my light on the back for the camera flashes every 5 seconds. It's the only sign of life on this thing. I did not root the device. Not sure how to since I am new to this technology. Again, thank you so much and I hope you can help me.

Upvote 0
thanks for your advice. I tried what you said and still no power. I did notice however when I held down the power button and touch the screen my light on the back for the camera flashes every 5 seconds. It's the only sign of life on this thing. I did not root the device. Not sure how to since I am new to this technology. Again, thank you so much and I hope you can help me.
If you can not get into Recovery Mode you then have absolutely no hope in restoring your Tab.
Your only course of action I am afraid is to take your Tab to your nearest Samsung Service Centre.
Go to the Samsung Web Site of your country, then Support followed by search for a Service Centre.
You should find at least one in your area if you live in a Town or several if you live near a city.
At the centre hand over your Tab where they will first try to fix it. If it can not be fixed they will have to send it back to Samsung for you.

The flashing of the camera flash on the back does indicate there is an instruction going back to the Tab. As such you may be lucky at the service centre in getting them to rectify the problem.

Reactions: sjwaltrip
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones