• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Games you regret buying, and why

ktchong

Android Enthusiast
Jan 8, 2010
This is the complementary thread for "Apps you regret buying, and why".

Have you bought a game and later regretted paying for it? Why so? Was the game buggy or broken? Did the game fail the work property on your phone? Did the developer abandon the game and never release a needed patch or update for it? Or did an update broke the game?

Tell us about the game and why it was a waste of money for you, so we may watch out for it.

Let's focus on paid games because, IMO, all in-app purchases (IAP) are wastes of money and regrettable, (an exception: a one-time in-app payment to unlock a full game) If anyone wants to talk about regrettable IAP, let's do it in another separate thread. Thanks!

Kind of NOVA 3, because after the update, it wasn't supported by the Nexus 7 anymore. So, when I get a new tablet, then I won't regret buying the app.

Even when it was supported, it was laggy as hell :(

I picked up Fangz HD yesterday because it was on sale and cheap. Probably not my worst purchase, but I still regret buying it, it's terrible. :(

Upvote 0
Anything Gameloft I've played on my Captivate has been a crappy experience. Block Breaker was the worst. It had a bug where, if you touched the screen to control the paddle and powerups with more than one finger, the paddle would freeze. The game would have to be force closed and restarted to fix it. It also crashed from time to time.

Upvote 0
Wreck-it-Ralph - it was only 99cents, so it's not a huge amount of regret but I barely played it and no longer have it installed.

Gravity Guy - I don't remember buying this, but I've grown tired of the hop up or down endless runner games.

Cartoon Wars - the games themselves were free, but I bought some IAP money to use and ended up getting bored with how repetitive the game is and ended up uninstalling soon after, so I regret that.

Zenonia / Zenonia 2- I got both on sale and ended up not liking Zenonia 2 which I played first. Didn't like how it wasn't open world, you could only go where the quest needed you too, and didn't like the way the game continued after beating the big boss. Not sure how it went after that because I uninstalled, and didn't even open Zenonia.

Pocket Racing - just wasn't my kind of game, never should have bought it. Maybe played it once.

Upvote 0
There's a few games that are just under $5, but I don't regret any of these and either played them through or am currently playing them:
Tales of Illyria
Puzzle Quest (the game is free but then it's $4 to unlock more than the first town)

Most of them are in the $1-2 range though.

The Bard's Tale was $3 and I also bought a lot of the IAP upgrades instead of getting them through the game because I'm not great at those games and needed the help, I'm estimating my IAP purchases at around $15 total.

Upvote 0
There's a few games that are just under $5, but I don't regret any of these and either played them through or am currently playing them:
Tales of Illyria
Puzzle Quest (the game is free but then it's $4 to unlock more than the first town)

Most of them are in the $1-2 range though.

The Bard's Tale was $3 and I also bought a lot of the IAP upgrades instead of getting them through the game because I'm not great at those games and needed the help, I'm estimating my IAP purchases at around $15 total.

Oh I see.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones