• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root GAOSP Froyo Nightly Builds

i'm about to install the goasp nightly - should i go for 07262010 or 07282010 ?

thanks in advance

i have installed 07282010 this morning and i dont really know whats the different
i guess that drakaz did something else he would not released it but i dont see any noticable speed or any bug that have beed fixed since 26
but go for 28 sa i said he must have done something.....

Upvote 0
my phone says

installing from SDcard..
finding update package..
opening update package..
E: cant open /sdcard/GAOSP-2-07282010-nightly.zip
(bad)
installation failed

i did - fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
pushed the new rectools.tar.gz - and recovery says V5.1
then i pushed the GAOSP nightly and gaaps..

does anyone know what is wrong ?

Upvote 0
i started redownloading.. somehow the file was only 48mb and it is surposed to be 54...
dnu what happened..

EDIT : redownloading fixed it

EDIT2 : using GPS status reboots phone after 2 minutes. cant get a gps fix - with copilot i tries for 3-4 minutes and then disables gps
using 07282010 GAOSP

There is something wrong with timezone settings too..

Upvote 0
agree with this!!!!

back to home screen is always black!!!

may be due to the same reason as this one!!!?????
http://androidforums.com/samsung-i7500/77739-guide-browsing-web-i7500.html

"Drakaz took aggresive stance against apps regarding cleaning their cache or killing them in his latest Galaxo 1.6.3.1. That basically means if you surf the web and go to home screen, returning back will result in reloading of the page which takes time and bandwidth."

Try if it can solve you problem by "setting>ADWLauncher>System Perferences>System persistent> Check it...

Reactions: bresslau
Upvote 0
Try if it can solve you problem by "setting>ADWLauncher>System Perferences>System persistent> Check it...

well i guess, drakaz does it for us in the new nightly ;)

drakaz pushed to gaosp-froyo at drakaz/gaosp_vendor about 3 hours ago
691048e Take disk_size from gaosp conf (rionline)
6b60cf5 Fix modules dir
c18e05e Keep home app in memory
e5d87d8 Added compcache service to init.rc
f5eb461 Add Cyanogen compcache script for cmparts
drakaz pushed to gaosp-froyo at drakaz/gaosp_vendor about 5 hours ago
e5e4894 Add CHINESE specific value for compilation
af78eb1 Enable the automatic brightness in Settings
9438cd5 Change on /sdcard mount in init.rc

Upvote 0
Have been testing for a few days, have noticed when I activate wifi it works for a few minutes then blocks and I get a black screen on the phone,hope this helps in the debugging process.
I feel I should mention that Drakaz does say that this is not even a beta download yet and it is still early days with a lot of bugs on the nightly build which is to be used at our own risk.

Upvote 0
Problem with 3g and internet connection.i put the settings in the APN those i use in the other firmwares for internet but i dont see 3g or something else on status bar and general my phone cant connect to net because simply there isn't connect!!!
why? any other user whith the same problem?

when i switched from 1.6 to 2.1/2.2 i had to change some settings in the apn
in 1.6 the connection type was - internet (there was a button for internet, mms )
and in 2.x i have to write down - default.

check with your carrier for the right settings for you

Upvote 0
Problem with 3g and internet connection.i put the settings in the APN those i use in the other firmwares for internet but i dont see 3g or something else on status bar and general my phone cant connect to net because simply there isn't connect!!!
why? any other user whith the same problem?

In apn type, enter: default

I'm yet to make mms working though.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones