• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Getting Nowhere Fast

Novice01274

May 25, 2010
I have created a Goldcard using the tool on this Forum. It appears okay when I check the loaded files on the card. When I try and run Test RUU it fails to update my ROM from 1.15.110.11. (T-Mobile UK)
I thought HTC Sync might be the problem as I had been using disk drive to connect my phone, so I reinstalled it. HTC Sync causes my Windows Explorer to crash but I managed a workaround and tried running Test RUU again. Once again the update failed.
On my phone screen I get the message CID incorrect Update fail which sounds like a Goldcard problem.
Anyone experienced this? All suggestions welcome!

Thanks for the reply. Yes I did the format (FAT 32) and set USB debugging on my Desire.
The tool said I was successful in creating the Goldcard. Not sure how to test this though.
When going through the rooting procedure, do I need to connect my phone with HTC Sync or does it not matter?
I am having all sorts of problems with HTC Sync. When I got it to work, it caused Windows Explorer to stop working repeatedly so that I cannot access my folders and files with HTC sync installed. The only way to reverse this was a system restore. I am using Windows 7.

Upvote 0
i use xppro and have had issues with HTCsync. my solution was to uninstall it, turn everything off on pc (wifi/firewall/anitv/antis etc) to reinstall, and it is now stable. While rooting you do not need to connect via sync, nor does it need to be open and running, it seems that if it is in the system tray is enough. if you completely exit it then the root does not work, IME

Upvote 0
Made a second Goldcard apparently successfully (tho how can I check this?). I then successfully installed HTC sync. When I ran Test RUU in Fastboot, I got this message "Error 131 Cust ID Error. RUU cannot update your phone. Please get the correct RUU and try again. Make sure you use the correct RUU to update." The RUU is trying to update from 1.15.110.11 to 1.15.405.3. Is there another RUU I could try?
Any help would be gratefully received.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones