• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Google contacts on Google APps

mcleaver

Jan 11, 2010
I have a main Google account under my own domain. I spent ages getting all my contact details - Google contacts was only email addresses, I also had SIM numbers, phone numbers and proper address book in Palm Desktop. I finally managed to get it all into Google contacts and even merge all the doubles (lots and lots). Only to find out that the Google contacts being synced was not the one for my main Google mail account (under Google apps).
1) what account is being synced?
2) is there any other way to restore my windows contacts/phone numbers (HTC sync won't work :-(
3) does anyone actually understand exactly what my Hero is doing with the various sources of contacts?

Do you have a normal Google account with the same email address (username)/password? If so it might be using that. I have both google hosted and a normal google account using the same email address (username) but with different passwords, I find it will use the one according to which password I use. So if that is your issue maybe try changing the passwords to different ones?

Upvote 0
Do you have a normal Google account with the same email address (username)/password?

To be honest, I don't know how to distinguish which I am using? Google isn't exactly informative about it. I recently asked why the storage I bought for Piacasa (and Google Apps) wasn't showing up in my GAFYD apps, but they are apparently different beasts. It's not obvious to a user which is which. :-(

Upvote 0
Just to add, I think if you change your passwords your Hero should ask for a new password (I think, never tried it as I haven't had it long enough). Then you can enter the password for your hosted account and you'll be using that one.

Goodness, that does demand some lateral thinking. So if I changed both passwords to different words, then it will ask me for the new password and, depending on which I give, it will use a different account? That is nifty! But totally illogical! :):eek:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones