Griffin Universal Plus FM Transmitter Only Play Music But Doesn't ChargeSupport

Last Updated:

1. Alucius

Alucius Member This Topic's Starter

so i bought the Griffin Technology - iTrip Auto Universal Plus FM Transmitter and Charger. The thing is the music works fine but when I plug in the USB, the phone doesn't register it as charging so I can't really use my phone as a GPS. Its the same cable i use to charge my phone regularly from the computer. Is there some kinda setting for the Xperia X10 that allow car charging? Any input would be appreciate it. Really wanted to keep using that Google Navigation, for now can only turn screen off and just use it via sound which is kinda ridiculous.

-thx

Advertisement
  2. ryno1974

ryno1974 Well-Known Member

Not sure about that particular device, but I bought a rocketfish us cigarette lighter adaptor, and when I plugged my X10 into it (using my regular charging cable from my office) it would not register. I also bought a generic USB / cigarette adapter charger and it also would not work. They both worked on my wifes HTC Legend with no problem. I bought the SE car charger, and voila! it worked fine. Luckily it also worked on my wifes phone, so we both use mine, but there is definitely something about the X10 that limits what devices will work with it.

3. Eddie_Brock

Eddie_Brock Well-Known Member

My wife's BB Bold 9700 will charge fine with my X10 cable. My X10 sometimes will charge with her BB cable, but more often doesn't at all.

I have yet to figure out what exactly would be causing the issue. My only theory would be that it requires a specific voltage to charge, and maybe the generic chargers aren't providing this.

4. Alucius

You know what, I think you might be right. Kind of like some external HDD that can't be connected to the front of the desktop cuz the front doesn't provide enough power.

5. Merolas

Merolas Well-Known Member

it's already been said here that the X10 requires a specific voltage to charge (one for USB charging and one for Wall plug charging) anything over or under that it will not charge. I am too stuck with a 20$ rocketfish USB/WALL charger that does nothing with my phone but does charge my GF's Ipod.

6. wynney666

wynney666 Well-Known Member

7. Alucius

so wats the voltage required?

8. Eddie_Brock

Eddie_Brock Well-Known Member

I would like to know too. It would be (fairly) easy to modify a generic wall/car charging cable to the appropriate voltage.