Hard reset?Support

Last Updated:

1. Teris

Teris Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I'm considering a hard reset because my phone's bluetooth will not connect with my car and I've tried everything else. Can someone please tell me the steps? What, if anything, can I do to save the apps I've downloaded (all my apps are free)? What is the best way to backup photos, videos, etc.? Thanks in advance for your help.

Advertisement
  2. necosino

necosino Well-Known Member

When you do a hard reset, you shouldn't lose your photos and videos if they are on your SD card.

For BT, try removing all paired devices from your car and phone, and then re-pair it fresh. Have you tried connecting it to other BT devices to see if it will pair successfully?

Teris likes this.
  3. Teris

Teris Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for the reply. Yes, my phone will connect to my other car, but not my new car. I have un-paired and re-paired it several times. It will pair, but won't connect for any length of time or download my contacts.

I've heard that some people have had problems connecting to this particular car, but there are also several people who have not had problems at all. So I'm thinking that maybe a reset will work. If you have any more insights, I'd love to hear them. Thanks!

4. necosino

necosino Well-Known Member

If the phone is pairing and working with other devices and cars, I don't think a hard reset would solve your problem, but hey, it's always worth a shot, right?