• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root HELP! Market keeps FC! tried everything!

mh985u

Lurker
Dec 9, 2011
I have a rooted i927 on atnt. My original problem came from changing the LCD density, so I used a signed market off XDA to get around that. Occasionally it would crash, I'd clear the cache/data and it would work. Then it started crashing constantly. I've downloaded quite a few market apk's and installed them, tried to copy and rename the apk to vending in the data/data, I even hard reset the phone. When I did that the Market totally disappeared. The market will load now, but it won't download any updates or new apps. It will download Books through the market. When I try to download an app, it goes to "downloading", seems to pause for a few seconds, then crashes. I'm not sure what to do at this point. To make it more embarrassing, I actually work at atnt in a call center...and I know all of our resolutions to this and I've already done them. Really, it's almost to the point of warranty! I've tried every possible solution I could find, but it just keeps crashing instead of actually downloading my apps...any ideas?

Hello and welcome to the forums. I'm thinking that the Market app itself may need "starting over" via data and cache clearing on the whole system and a reboot. Doing that could wash out the issues, but keep in mind that Market itself is notoriously wiggy at times; it could just be a matter of waiting it out, that's happened several times to me.

I've moved your query into the root area of the Captivate Glide forum; let's see what others have to say about those issues.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones