• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

dionick

Aug 26, 2009
Cardiff
Hi Folks

Need some help here.All of my alert lights have stopped working??.
When i had an incoming call my trackball would flash,it would also continue to flash if i missed the call until i cleared it in notifications bar.
The little green light top left would come on when i received a text.
The little red light top right would come on when charging.
All of these have just suddenly stopped???.
I was running Handsent and thought it might of been due to a recent update so i have uninstalled it but still nothing???.So now if i miss a call or text i have no way of telling until i open the screen and see the notification bar.
Any ideas?????

Dave.

i found a ROM upgrade to 2.73.61.66.I am currently on 1.76.61.3???.
Is it worth me upgrading to that as well,wot will it improve???.

Lots! :)

If you're needing to reset anyway then updating to the latest firmware makes perfect sense. It should fix the notification LED issue, and also greatly improve the response of the UI. Your Hero will feel like a new device, believe me. :)

Upvote 0
Htc have said for me to do a factory reset.
While i was on the site i found a ROM upgrade to 2.73.61.66.I am currently on 1.76.61.3???.
Is it worth me upgrading to that as well,wot will it improve???.

Help please.

My 2 cents...
If you "want/need" to root, this is the right time for that. It is very easy to root your current ROM version.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones