• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Hi, new here and I already have problems!

Hello, I'm sherrywilson44 and saw this forum on search. I just got my Motorola Droid a few days ago and for the most part love it. I know the rules, and I've looked and haven't found this situation yet. My phone keeps powering off and on. It just began this am, three days after I got the phone. I've tried taking the battery out, holding the on/off switch for 30 seconds as Verizon tech support told me to and it hasn't helped. I've had a few other problems with this phone including connection problems in You Tube, and it powering off when I attempt to send an email in gmail. Anyone got any suggestions? Is the phone defective or is there a fix for this? If this has already been covered and I haven't found the thread, please forgive me.

Thank you for the advice... I called tech support and they implied a possible replacement also. First though they changed some settings on their end as they said my droid was only making use of towers for 'basic cell phones' and they needed to have that upgraded. They told me to give it up to 24 hours and if the problem persists they would send a replacement. It's been several hours now, and the problem seems to have corrected itself. I don't know if that has anything to do with what the tech did or not. I had considered a factory reset but seem to have gotten by with reactivating it for now. YouTube still states that there are connection problems so I have trouble with that and may just have to take it into the store. Whatever the tech did however has really improved the speed performance. Since he did this, the camera doesn't have an audible click anymore. Does anyone else have this change? Thanks for your input.

Upvote 0
Thank you for the advice... I called tech support and they implied a possible replacement also. First though they changed some settings on their end as they said my droid was only making use of towers for 'basic cell phones' and they needed to have that upgraded. They told me to give it up to 24 hours and if the problem persists they would send a replacement. It's been several hours now, and the problem seems to have corrected itself. I don't know if that has anything to do with what the tech did or not. I had considered a factory reset but seem to have gotten by with reactivating it for now. YouTube still states that there are connection problems so I have trouble with that and may just have to take it into the store. Whatever the tech did however has really improved the speed performance. Since he did this, the camera doesn't have an audible click anymore. Does anyone else have this change? Thanks for your input.

My camera still clicks loud as hell. But I have never had any of the other problems your having.

BTW Welcome to the forums!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones