• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Honest opinions on your Fascinates Battery Life!

Wondering if I have a bad battery or my cell reception really does suck. My phone lasted almost 24 hours. 43% of the battery drained due to voice calls. The calls added up to 45 minutes. This can't be right???

Please post the rest of what took your battery up. Talk time is only part of the picture. What was the rest of the distribution?

Also, keep in mind, if you restarted your phone at any time during the day, it resets that tracker.

Upvote 0
True but also remember you are undervolted as well. Admittedly, thats not going to be worth more than 20% in my estimation but still.
Its very true on light days I often go to bed with this thing at well over 50% 16 hours after I pull it off the charger

good point, but in comparing apples to apples yesterday i was running the same kernel I was last saturday. If anything I have more widgets and stuff going now. Last saturday was a VERY heavy use compared to a relatively light one yesterday but in any event, for a smart phone, this battery is a rock.

Same can be said for the droid x, which even may be a tad better :rolleyes:

Its impressive that touch screen smartphones in general are making seemingly good gains in battery life, whereas blackberrys (at least in my experience are going the other way). My bb 8830 back in the day would last forever, i used to charge it like twice a week (granted there was very little multimedia stuff going on with use) and my most recent blackberry tour was garbage in the battery department. My wife and I both had them and mine was on the charger every night and hers usually was to.

CDMA bbs were always worse than gsm in battery life anyway though, for those who may have used them.

Upvote 0
Yeah the funny thing about maxing battery life with everything I've done is now I do use only about 40-60% battery on a average day. So whats the point of going to bed with 41 or 59% battery remaining?
Now SK is going to love this next comment, I now have such a surplus of battery life I contemplating going back to live wallpaper, maybe. I suppose the point of all this battery life saving is to give us longer ability to use our SF. As long as I charge at night I cannot remember the last time I needed to worry about charging. In fact, I have even had a few nights where at the end of the day I was at 60-70% battery and didnt even charge at night figuring I'd make it thru the next day.

Upvote 0
Yeah the funny thing about maxing battery life with everything I've done is now I do use only about 40-60% battery on a average day. So whats the point of going to bed with 41 or 59% battery remaining?
Now SK is going to love this next comment, I now have such a surplus of battery life I contemplating going back to live wallpaper, maybe. I suppose the point of all this battery life saving is to give us longer ability to use our SF. As long as I charge at night I cannot remember the last time I needed to worry about charging. In fact, I have even had a few nights where at the end of the day I was at 60-70% battery and didnt even charge at night figuring I'd make it thru the next day.

LIVE WALLPAPER FTW!!! You know you want it ... :cool:

Upvote 0
I gave in and went back to using live wallpaper. I bought this phone and switched to the Android OS to take advantage of the fabulous screen and all of the great widgets. What's the point of if i'm going to strip the phone down to get an extra couple hours out of it? I'm just going to charge it more often...

Upvote 0
I gave in and went back to using live wallpaper. I bought this phone and switched to the Android OS to take advantage of the fabulous screen and all of the great widgets. What's the point of if i'm going to strip the phone down to get an extra couple hours out of it? I'm just going to charge it more often...

My sentiments exactly.

Upvote 0

My sentiments exactly.
Yeah its one of those coming full circle things. Im pretty much there now too. Now I just need to find the right live wallpaper:rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Well I went back to the Fascinate as of Saturday night, couldnt resist..Missed the Form Factor to much compared to the X! Anyway, I have beautiful Widgets Running, Live wallpaper, and a pretty good amount of widgets up, and I'm on 70% right now! Thats with talking it off the charger at 10am, and with moderate use through out the day. This one for some reason has been good straight out of the box, my previous Fascinate was fine after about a week worth of charges.

Upvote 0
Well I went back to the Fascinate as of Saturday night, couldnt resist..Missed the Form Factor to much compared to the X! Anyway, I have beautiful Widgets Running, Live wallpaper, and a pretty good amount of widgets up, and I'm on 70% right now! Thats with talking it off the charger at 10am, and with moderate use through out the day. This one for some reason has been good straight out of the box, my previous Fascinate was fine after about a week worth of charges.

welcome back :D
x2 BTW love the avatar sean

Upvote 0
My battery life in the past 24 hours has been twice as good as what it had been the prior 2 weeks of me owning the phone. The improvement coincided with me uninstalling the engadget app and installing updates for a few of my other apps. I think it was probably a buggy app killing my battery before. It's been 29 hours since I charged my phone and I'm at 46%. My battery used to last 12 hours so this is a welcome development and more in line with what I expect given my usage.

Upvote 0
sean is a phone slut :p

Nooooo....Slut is a bad word, whore, Phone whore sounds better...LOL! I tried brother, I gave the X a fair shake, and its an awesome device, I just felt like the Fascinate was a better fit, and with 2.2 being so close (2012...LOL) I just made the move back! Can't go wrong with either one on Big Red.

Upvote 0
My battery life in the past 24 hours has been twice as good as what it had been the prior 2 weeks of me owning the phone. The improvement coincided with me uninstalling the engadget app and installing updates for a few of my other apps. I think it was probably a buggy app killing my battery before. It's been 29 hours since I charged my phone and I'm at 46%. My battery used to last 12 hours so this is a welcome development and more in line with what I expect given my usage.

I bet that happens a lot to people and they blame the phone, regardless of which phone it actually is.

Upvote 0
OK I would really like some honest sound offs about the battery life on the Fascinate...

After my experience today, I have to say that I was impressed....We lost power this morning for about 3 hours. (from 7-10am) The SF was my only means of communication. After a lot of texting, calls, and web surfing, the battery only drained a little. By 6pm or so, I still had more than half my charge left.

Upvote 0
I've been pretty happy with it so far. I did a battery reset yesterday morning at about 7am, and by 9pm I was still trying to get the battery to drain all the way before I plugged it back in. I can live with that.

Yep. I think that's a ticket. I mean, of course we dream of a phone that can go for a week on a charge ... some day. But having to charge it every night or every other night is a small price to pay for a thin, powerful, and extremely high quality screen containing device that does SO MUCH. And with style.

Upvote 0
Yep. I think that's a ticket. I mean, of course we dream of a phone that can go for a week on a charge ... some day. But having to charge it every night or every other night is a small price to pay for a thin, powerful, and extremely high quality screen containing device that does SO MUCH. And with style.

Exactly. I have to plug my laptop in every three hours. I can do almost as much on my phone as I can do on my laptop, and I can carry it in my purse or pocket. My laptop, not so much.

As long as my battery lasts the whole day, I'm satisfied. :cool:

Upvote 0

Exactly. I have to plug my laptop in every three hours. I can do almost as much on my phone as I can do on my laptop, and I can carry it in my purse or pocket. My laptop, not so much.

As long as my battery lasts the whole day, I'm satisfied. :cool:
Birds of a feather ;)
We have such good battery life we should still be able to go a full day on a 1.4Ghz 1400mv kernel :D [Oh how I miss the days of a new kernel every morning from Dirrk:(]

Upvote 0
if im a heavy texter,is the Fascinate a bad choice?
Not at all, according to VZW I have a monthly volume of 4K+, so what 140 a day average. I usually get 14-16hours+ on a full charge with that degree of text volume plus everything else. Now if your definition of heavy is 500 a day then you will not find a phone which is good for you honestly. SF is one of the best battery life phones on Verizon

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones