• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How do i deodex a .md5 file??

eisawi99

Sep 26, 2012
Summerville,SC
I would like a guide not a suggestion to look on google please. i need to deodex GC01 to test some things... but i dont know how to deodex a .md5. i do however know how to deodex a .zip but there isnt one. I really need a guide. thanks in advance.(no links to other guides please. just post it here.)

I can't answer your question, but I will admit to being confused by the .md5 files in the repository I saw - in my experience a .md5 file has always been a very small text file which contains little more than the md5 checksum of the file or files with which it associated.

Exactly. I don't know the project here but you shouldn't need to do anything with an md5 file other than verify the files downloaded correctly

Can you go into a little more detail in what you're trying to accomplish?

Upvote 0
There is a deodex GC01 ROM on XDA

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2214107

It is using the GB27 repack (first one I think), but you could flash in the stock kernel or the new GC01 with recovery that is out.

I know it is involved process playing with tar files. their structure is important for flashing to work properly. That along with CWM type recovery is why most custom ROMs are zip format.

Reactions: eisawi99
Upvote 0
There is a deodex GC01 ROM on XDA

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2214107

It is using the GB27 repack (first one I think), but you could flash in the stock kernel or the new GC01 with recovery that is out.

I know it is involved process playing with tar files. their structure is important for flashing to work properly. That along with CWM type recovery is why most custom ROMs are zip format.
i got the files de-odexed but i dont know how to get them to flash... after i build them in kitchen, when i try to flash the rom i get a status 0 error. and i dont know how to add a device to dsixda's kitchen

Upvote 0
can you tell me how to do this?
also do you know how i could change the zImage to allow overclocking?

Did you know the app Tegrak overclock will let you overclock on the stock kernel? I use it, and in the next version of the Recovery kernels I am quite sure they will put in the governors and overclock ability

Upvote 0
can you tell me how to do this?
also do you know how i could change the zImage to allow overclocking?

1- Yes I can.
2- I'm by no means experienced with kernel programming but I do think that before you go in to deeply, you may want to start by: taking a look at the source of some common Linux tools and gradually move on to reading the code of the kernel. Maybe find something easy to fix and submit a patch for it. It'll take a while to understand even parts of the kernel but the journey will be worth it if your goal is mod kernels.

Sorry for late reply. I'm not always around the forums. :beer:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones