• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

how often does your droid reset?

Mine has reset twice that I'm aware of. I wouldn't have known the second time because it's just sitting on my desk but it gave the notification noise that it only makes when starting up so I know it restarted. All my other email, sms, facebook and other notifications are set to something else and there was no flashing notification led.

Upvote 0
My first Droid would reset at random times, took it back and now this one does the same thing. Couldn't get it to reset at the store, but after I got home it did it several more times and also during the night I woke up and saw my phone lit up and it was resetting. Seems to do it most when using iMusic. I have LookOut on my phone and have run scans at random times and even right after a reset, but nothing comes back as far as viruses go. Going to go back tomorrow and see if I can get a new phone. As of now the iPhone is looking better and better.

Upvote 0
Hi all,
last night my droid was rebooting on its own I had just got home and was starting to mess with it (its what I do in the evenings). I am running battery widget by mippin.com. Its on my home screen as a widget. I noticed that the wiget was showing 60% charge, but would randomly turn red and show 0% the phone would either reboot or the widget would jump back up to 60% and the phone would not reboot. meanwhile the stock battery icon in the upper right top of the screen always showed one tick from full charge.I was not charging the phone at the time. I went ahead and shut the phone down for a few seconds started it back up and it has been working fine since.

Also, I shut down the phone at night and a couple of nights ago when I started it back up in the morning the battery was dead. I always fully charge before I shut it down.
I am wondering if this is a sign of a bad battery or a software issue?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones