• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root how to install cm6/7 (comprehensive)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah but the links that are up for CM6 link to the old CM6 and a broken link for gapps.

damn... i forgot to save last time.

yeah, i deleted the old gapps from media fire. new ones are up as well as two choices of launcher for cm6... zeam and adw.

i'll leave this open for a bit longer. thanks.

Upvote 0
how did you end up with 3.0.0.5?

i had that problem one time.

you can flash back to stock and flash again... search flash ascend to stock

I used ROM Manager to install the latest which was 3.0.0.5. Now I have tried all combinations of solutions and it simply will not flash the lower versions. Have a link to the stock flash? All help is appreciated dude.

Upvote 0
I used ROM Manager to install the latest which was 3.0.0.5. Now I have tried all combinations of solutions and it simply will not flash the lower versions. Have a link to the stock flash? All help is appreciated dude.
thats the latest on the market.

actual latest is 3.0.2.4 but it has to be flash via fastboot n adb.
check the flash to stock thread.

or

http://techygeek.com/media/ascend/MetroPCSStock.zip

Just put that zip on your sdcard, boot into cwm, wipe data/factory restore, wipe cache, got to advanced wipe davlic cache (dont worry if it says its not there), back to main menu, instal zip from sdcard, select zip from sdcard, select the metropcsstock.zip, confirm. wait til it gets done n then reboot.

Upvote 0
thats the latest on the market.

actual latest is 3.0.2.4 but it has to be flash via fastboot n adb.
check the flash to stock thread.

or

http://techygeek.com/media/ascend/MetroPCSStock.zip

Just put that zip on your sdcard, boot into cwm, wipe data/factory restore, wipe cache, got to advanced wipe davlic cache (dont worry if it says its not there), back to main menu, instal zip from sdcard, select zip from sdcard, select the metropcsstock.zip, confirm. wait til it gets done n then reboot.

I will try that. Also after I'm assuming just to try installing CM7 over again and attempt the MMS fix once more then eh?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones