• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root how to install cm6/7 (comprehensive)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well i did the plug in the phone to the pc and all i see on the screen is
reboot system now
apply sdcard:update.zip
wipedata/factory reset
wipe cache partition

where is the backup? what do i do next?

I think you are accessing the stock Recovery. You need to install CWM first.
Unplug the phone from your computer.
After you download the zipped file to your computer, unzip it.
Then hold down on the volume down and end call button, then the power button. The phone will vibrate and will come up to the Huawei screen.
Now plug your phone into the computer and install (run, double click, etc) the 3 files from the CWM folder that match your OS. You should see a black DOS window come up each time and go away. Once all 3 are done, pull out your battery for about 20 seconds, then put it back in.
Finally, boot into CWM using the volume up, make call, and power buttons.

Upvote 0
Are you on a personal computer or business computer?
This has to do with drivers and if you are not an administrator, then it will not install the drivers and you will get this error when trying to run the install-recovery-windows file.

Yeah, i am on my computer and i am the administrator. Is there a website i can download the driver?

Upvote 0
ok i found a video on how to do it, he said make sure you put cm6 rom in the root of you're sd card? Were is that? Or i make a new folder and just name it root and put the cm6 in it with that google apps?
root of the sdcard in just that on the sdcard not in any folders. Tho it can be in a folder u just have to know what one so you can find it. on the root of the sdcard just makes it easier n you can just the delete zips afterwards.

Upvote 0
It work great CyanogenMod 6 is installing now, i just wanted to say thank you to everybody that help me.

Good job, if any problems arise, you know where to come. Also you did flash the newest build correct 04212011. Also check to see if your market is gray, if so you may need to flash the newer gapps, depending on where you got your gapps from.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones