How to Save SMS & contacts onto SIM Card?General

Last Updated: 2012-12-22 16:34:14
  1. JBNex

JBNex Well-Known Member

How do you save them on your sim card? I see in the settings of sms and contacts to view contacts/sms on your sim card

Advertisement
  2. trophynuts

trophynuts Well-Known Member

you can export your contacts to SD
    I use sms backup to backup and restore sms to the SD.

is that what you're asking?
  3. JBNex

JBNex Well-Known Member

No not sd card, the Galaxy Nexus doesn't even support sd cards, I'm talking about SIM card
  4. quickaudi

quickaudi Well-Known Member Contributor

I think the sim card is for contacts only.
  5. Petrah

Petrah Psychotic Female Guide

If you're using Google contacts, they're saved on the Google servers. Any time you do a factory reset (in the phones options or in recovery if yer rooted) and you reboot the phone for the first time, you add in your Google account and your contacts are automatically downloaded to your phone.

Personally, I log in to Gmail on my PC and set up my contacts there. They are then synced with my phone, so I never worry about losing them.
  6. trophynuts

trophynuts Well-Known Member

i'm referring to the sd card partition that your phone has on it. It has an sd partition on it that simulates an sd card.
  7. Petrah

Petrah Psychotic Female Guide

Still learning about sim cards and whatnot, and I have a question. Can you actually put anything on a sim card? I've never thought about it before, but this thread has me curious.
  8. Demache

Demache Well-Known Member

Yes you can. Its very limited though. You can store contacts in name and number pairs, and on some phones (I'm assuming old ones) you can store text messages. In this age of phones that have plentiful internal memory, its only real use is moving contacts between phones when you upgrade. Even then, that has been made obsolete by cloud syncing (i.e. Google contacts) and USB syncing utilities (ie. iTunes).
    Petrah, JBNex and trophynuts like this.
  9. JBNex

JBNex Well-Known Member

Okay, thanks, so this: [​IMG]

is for older sim cards?
  10. Demache

Demache Well-Known Member

I suppose. I've never used a phone that allows you to save text messages to your SIM card (even my RAZR V3 didn't). Well, maybe my dad's Nokia 3310 did.
  11. naman malik

naman malik New Member

But am having galaxy nexus and there's no sd card option in it so how can i move my messages from galaxy nexus to iphone5
  12. quickaudi

quickaudi Well-Known Member Contributor

You can export them to Google, then a .CSV file to put into whatever the iPhone needs