How to verify unroot? I need to verify before a factory reset!

Last Updated:

1. kentl901

kentl901 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I've taken the steps to undo the changes from my rooting. What's the best way to check if I've unrooted?

I also want to do a factory reset. The only reason I'm hesistant to go with the factory reset is because after rooting the phone, I've uninstalled Blockbuster and AmazonMP3. Those were the only apps that I removed. I have since reinstalled those apks and verify that those are in system/app.

Any ideas or suggestions before I proceed with the factory reset?

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. ckochinsky125

ckochinsky125 Banned

the only way unrooting your phone would brick it was if you uninstalled backup assistant

3. irishpride

irishpride Well-Known Member

As far as I know there is no way to unroot the DX. I could be wrong, but I don't think anyone has figured that out yet.

4. element166

element166 Member

Well if you've taken the steps to unroot it, I'm not sure the terminal emulator would work but it might, get it from the market, type in "su" and if it comes up with a "#" its rooted if it comes up with a "$" it's not.

5. D13

D13 Well-Known Member

How to un-root here:D

6. Fenotyp

Fenotyp Well-Known Member

Just an FYI, I did a factory reset without unrooting and without reinstalling a couple apps and the DX is fine.

Also, it is still rooted.

Also, by factory reset, I mean the one where you hold down the buttons until the exclamation sign comes up and you tell it to wipe your data and reset the phone. Took a while to reboot, but was fine after.