• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How will you buy the Prime?

South of Atlanta, Newnan.

My Dad lives in Newnan! I know the place well :)

Sorry you have to consider selling the dog (or a kidney) to get this phone. I guess you could always stand at an intersection with a bucket and a sign that says "I need a Nexus - please help!" :p

Good luck on finding things to sell, though. I know how hard times feel: been there, done that, got the t-shirt, had to sell it on eBay.

Reactions: alprazolam
Upvote 0
I am on a corporate account and was eligible in August on a one year contract, had my IT dept send me a Bionic, and returned it yesterday after having it for 3 weeks...too many bugs and I just couldn't get the rumors of the Nexus Prime out of my head...luckily on a corporate plan, one year contracts exist, and you still have 30 days of worry free. I'm lucky to work for a great company that supports my Android addiction!

Really looking forward to Tuesay and just hope the one year contact price isn't too far off of what the Bionic was so IT will be inclined to send me a NP.

Upvote 0
Just a side note. If anyone who is short on cash wants to get one and you have Verizon Fios, you can put it on your FIOS bill spread over 8 months if you are near a Verizon Plus store.

It would be wonderful if we had BOTH here! That reminds me of the old days when you could buy a telephone from Southern Bell and they spread it out over a few months.

Upvote 0
I need to buy it at full retail price. I don't think I can sweet-talk the managers on the phone anymore. I only have $600 though. That won't be nearly enough after taxes. I need this phone so badly. You don't even know.

You don't "need" it, you want it but could go on with your life without it. It is just a phone. Also most likely it won't be much if anymore than 600 with taxes.

Upvote 0
You guys need to find better in store reps. I just got an X2 a few months ago (my Droid was dead). I still had another upgrade so I told him I was going to get the Bionic and if a better phone came out soon I'd just pay full price. He said "Never, EVER pay full price for a phone. I might not be able to get you the upgrade price, but it will be close. Always come to me first." Now he is the senior sales rep at said store, but he has taken care of me time and time again. Just an FYI.

By the way, I didn't end up getting a Bionic. I was about to, but for several reasons I needed to wait a week. In the mean time, things about the Prime and Vigor started to leak more so I decided to hold off a bit. I love Moto tbh, but this time, they just got beat and beat badly (it seems if rumors are true).

Upvote 0
You guys need to find better in store reps. I just got an X2 a few months ago (my Droid was dead). I still had another upgrade so I told him I was going to get the Bionic and if a better phone came out soon I'd just pay full price. He said "Never, EVER pay full price for a phone. I might not be able to get you the upgrade price, but it will be close. Always come to me first." Now he is the senior sales rep at said store, but he has taken care of me time and time again. Just an FYI.

By the way, I didn't end up getting a Bionic. I was about to, but for several reasons I needed to wait a week. In the mean time, things about the Prime and Vigor started to leak more so I decided to hold off a bit. I love Moto tbh, but this time, they just got beat and beat badly (it seems if rumors are true).
You're very lucky. The reps at the store over here are all ******.

Upvote 0
How will I buy the Prime?

Well, to answer that question a bit of history is necessary.

To buy my iPhone 3gs I sold a portion of my soul.
A year later I repeated the process in selling another portion of my soul for the Droid Inc.
Very shortly after that I once again sold my soul to buy the Droid X.
I actually paid for my current phone (Droid Charge) with cash.

That brings us to the Prime. With my poor little soul beaten, bruised, and battered; I once again go back to the well and hope that will be enough to offer in exchange for such a bleeding-edge device.

All joking aside, as an employee we get annual upgrades at the 2 year cost -- and I carry four lines of service. That's the good... The bad is when there is a LOT of buzz about a phone (kinda like in this case), as employees we are sometimes not allowed to purchase a device until consumer demand has dwindled a bit.

Upvote 0
Donate blood plasma...Not joking, well I sort of am...We used to do it in college for beer money. I have no idea what they pay for it anymore, but you should be able to add $100-$200 between now and the release if you do it each time after the minimum waiting period - i.e. you can't do it every day...Can't remember the period, but I think it was around 5 days.......

Hope that was an out of the box, legal suggestion that really does work...:eek:

Upvote 0
Right now it looks like this will replace my Dinc. But this ice cream sandwich is big from what I've been reading but what makes this much better than froyo? (Didn't get the screwed up gingerbread update). I thought the capacitive buttons were not needed for ice cream? And the bar on the bottom of the screen? Launcher pro and Golauncher have that and its scrollable. So my question is what in ice cream makes this a big upgrade to the android world?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones