HTC C/S Guy Just Told Me Flat Out Not To Buy A First Run EVO..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Last Updated:

1. I called Sprint and HTC to clarify the SD card re formatting issue and was told flat out by HTC If I were you I would wait at least 90 days before buying the EVO Not that our phones are bad or anything but the first runs always tend to be buggy, then he mentioned the Incredible and how on launch day they had over 100 calls holding sometimes over an hour to solve issues they had no solutions for right away. Now im scared! :(

2. ToNrDrOiD

ToNrDrOiD Well-Known Member

there are already releasing a software update for card issue
  3. Ashenor

Ashenor Well-Known Member

Don't swim for at least 3 hours after you eat!
  4. Oridus

Oridus Well-Known Member

The people with the google i/o phones seem to enjoy it very much. The only issue they had was the S/D card. I'll take my chances.
    djdisturbed likes this.
  5. RoboMonkey

RoboMonkey Well-Known Member

1st run G1 FTW! I'm in with both feet.
  6. Kingkoa

Kingkoa Well-Known Member

I'll take the r isk
    djdisturbed and marctronixx like this.
  7. Kazrell

Kazrell Well-Known Member

If the problems with the Incredible were widespread the they would have made some sort of compromise like a discount or something. They were isolated screen and battery issues - that said. I'm surprised any official HTC or Sprint person would make a bold statement like that. And with Sprints 30 day no questions asked refund policy, I am sooo not afraid.
  8. DarkNeo

DarkNeo Well-Known Member

Its not a hardware issue...its software. Which is easily corrected with a software update. Go ahead and wait, more phones for us :D
    djdisturbed likes this.
  9. gabbott

gabbott Well-Known Member

This is no different than buying ANY phone at release. Risk you run, get it now so you can enjoy and not wait and deal with any bugs before they get fixed OR wait until a few updates come out, but then you have to wait.
  10. thearch1tect

thearch1tect Active Member

i think the risk/reward ratio is stacked in your favor so stop worrying and get ready for greatness
  11. Putty

Putty Well-Known Member

Ha Haaaaaa! lol. yeah.

Risk I am willing to take
  12. GaryColeman

GaryColeman Well-Known Member

I've decided I want my Evo so much that it doesn't matter. Now my only concern is will my Evo want me?
    RaiseUp151z likes this.
  13. rdegk15

rdegk15 Well-Known Member

when in doubt sell the old one, get a new one.
    hopalee likes this.
  14. MyHTCevo

MyHTCevo Well-Known Member

My upgrade isn't up until September and I was talking with the manager of one of the retention call centers. (She made it July 1st) She said its good to sometimes to wait a month or so because the release day phones can have problems. I know she was just trying probably to appease me but still, it is not unheard of.

p.s. I'm waiting for my review unit in the all is well in my book.

15. The 30 day return policy is the only reason im going ahead with the purchase now. I almost wish I didn't call HTC now.
  16. polkadots

polkadots Well-Known Member

Seriously? Buck up, sport.
    Bek likes this.
  17. Radly

Radly Member

Sure, wait 90 days before getting your EVO. That's about the right time to receive one of the first refurbs we returned.
  18. Carioca_FL

Carioca_FL Member

You do realize they can't sell refurbs as new phones, right?
  19. robertdahlgren

robertdahlgren Active Member

All I had to do was re-seat my SD card a couple times until it was happy, format it, and now it's worked great for 2 weeks. That's sure a rough workaround.
  20. fortesquieu

fortesquieu Well-Known Member

You guys are too mean to OP. He is just posting what he has been told, what's wrong with that?

Anyway, what was the issue with the Incredible that the rep was talking about?
  21. some.devil

some.devil Well-Known Member

Issues are expected, we're all early adopters :)
  22. The article I read said as many as 60 users had complained about this. Ok, out of 5k phones? I'll take those odds. Seems you need to format the card first which should be a no brainer. You should format ANY new memory card before using it.
  23. sean76

sean76 Well-Known Member

Didn't u have insane issues with your incredible?
  24. fortesquieu

fortesquieu Well-Known Member

Battery? That's expected.

It will be interesting to see how many battery threads tomorrow.
  25. iamfunkyz

iamfunkyz Well-Known Member

Early adopters adopt early. I won't be waiting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.