• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root HTC Droid Incredible 2 FAQ and ROMs [Latest Update: 11-29]

Do I need to wipe data and cache before unzipping it? Or just download and unzip. Also it does give me the abillity to set my CPU speed? So I could speed it up or slow it down? Thanks for the info.

flash it like a ROM, but i dont think you need to wipe data. put it on the root of your SD and flash in a recovery. and yes you can turn it down for battery life or turn it up for speed

Reactions: le_butters
Upvote 0
So whats the best mod out right now that gives Sense 3.0?
None... I'm waiting for a full Sense 3.0 ROM that's stable and not missing any features to appear before I root.

incredible s based, look at OP. Kingdom Rewind will be better when its stable, but that could be weeks

EDIT: SnappySlapMod is sense 3.0 and is looking good so far
SnappySlapMod is just a port of the Lockscreen & Quicksettings features from Sense 3.0 on top of Sense 2.1 (according to the XDA guys), it's not really Sense 3.0. Incredible S based is unclear if it's really 3.0.

Kingdom Rewind is definitely "real" Sense 3.0, but it's still too unstable and incomplete right now (random FC, broken MMS, camera, weather, etc...) to use practically. The dev doesn't have an actual Dinc2 yet, so he's doing what he can with feedback from people who've flashed the alpha ROM.

There's also rumors that the Virtuous Unity IncS ROM will be coming over to our Dinc2 at some point.

My bet is that either Kingdom or Unity will be the best Sense 3.0 ROMs - when they actually come out as stable releases.

Upvote 0
There's also rumors that the Virtuous Unity IncS ROM will be coming over to our Dinc2 at some point.

My bet is that either Kingdom or Unity will be the best Sense 3.0 ROMs - when they actually come out as stable releases.

the Kingdom dev is saying he has a stable release coming tonight or tomorrow, appearently he only has to get soft key lights and a few phone FC's fixed and then it'll be out. but thanks for the info on the other "3.0" ROMs

Upvote 0
So I got setcpu and have tiamat for a kernal between one or the other I'm having alot of freeze ups. And have to pull the battery,any suggestions

You may have changed the speed too high or too low, too low will add a lot of lag and sometimes freeze. too high and it will be great until under a lot of stress (i.e. videos, angry birds, ect...) and it will freeze. what did you set as your speed

Upvote 0
You may have changed the speed too high or too low, too low will add a lot of lag and sometimes freeze. too high and it will be great until under a lot of stress (i.e. videos, angry birds, ect...) and it will freeze. what did you set as your speed

I left the settings stock and put smartass on. It froze after I hung up a call and in setcpu. I'm not sure if its cause smartass set it to low or not. I'm happy with it stock but the kernel fixed sound problems

Upvote 0
I left the settings stock and put smartass on. It froze after I hung up a call and in setcpu. I'm not sure if its cause smartass set it to low or not. I'm happy with it stock but the kernel fixed sound problems

i dont think its smartass, i use that governor and in my opinion, thats the best one... its still an early version, its working seamlessly on CM7 so keep checking back for new versions or try reflashing after wiping your cache again

Upvote 0
I just got word from Alpharevx that they are working on rooting the GB update. So hopefully soon.!:D

This is some of the best news I've heard in a while. I have the DInc2 on order from Amazon (hi, it cost a PENNY with my upgrade!) but I'm paranoid it's going to show up with 2.3 pre-installed and I'll be stuck with a locked phone. I'm so used to my unlocked Eris that I'm not sure I can go back to a phone that I don't have complete control over.

Upvote 0
This is some of the best news I've heard in a while. I have the DInc2 on order from Amazon (hi, it cost a PENNY with my upgrade!) but I'm paranoid it's going to show up with 2.3 pre-installed and I'll be stuck with a locked phone. I'm so used to my unlocked Eris that I'm not sure I can go back to a phone that I don't have complete control over.

And of course the phone shows up pre-loaded with 2.3. I'm extremely disappointed but am still surprisingly happy with the phone. Chucking Sense for LauncherPro has helped make the phone look a lot like the retired Eris so maybe the wait for 2.3 root won't be as painful now.

Reactions: ItsAboutTime
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones