• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HTC G2 Hero Broke

knowlj02

Lurker
Mar 31, 2010
I upgraded to HTC G2 Hero in November last year, so it's only 5 months old and i'm on my 2nd handset update!! 3rd one on it's way, i'm completely 'fed up' now. My problems started in January with the handset switching itself off the only way it would go back on was to take out the battery and re-place the battery after 10/15 seconds then turn the phone back on for it to work again, it also cuts me dead off calls, constantly on 'H' and that is so frustrating. T-Mobile were not that helpful they said all they can do is keep sending it for repair, I insisted on a new handset (iPhone) which was my 1st choice anyway, t-mobile said they cannot do that and that if I have a problem with the phone I have to contact HTC myself!! that my monthly contract payment is for the sim not the phone. I cannot keep going on like this without a decent phone it's like i've lost my right arm and left leg i'm practically useless without it, and I seriously don't know what to do next.

I upgraded to HTC G2 Hero in November last year, so it's only 5 months old and i'm on my 2nd handset update!! 3rd one on it's way, i'm completely 'fed up' now. My problems started in January with the handset switching itself off the only way it would go back on was to take out the battery and re-place the battery after 10/15 seconds then turn the phone back on for it to work again, it also cuts me dead off calls, constantly on 'H' and that is so frustrating. T-Mobile were not that helpful they said all they can do is keep sending it for repair, I insisted on a new handset (iPhone) which was my 1st choice anyway, t-mobile said they cannot do that and that if I have a problem with the phone I have to contact HTC myself!! that my monthly contract payment is for the sim not the phone. I cannot keep going on like this without a decent phone it's like i've lost my right arm and left leg i'm practically useless without it, and I seriously don't know what to do next.

Have you done anything out of hte ordinary to the phone to make it like this? Do you use a task killer? Any apps that touch system settings??

Upvote 0
Who cares, just get another phone, or maybe you can complain enough to Tmobile about the devices and say that I don't want another I want a different phone. They can't give you an iPhone because they don't sell those. Complain and complain, tell them you'll go somewhere else for business if they won't let you try a different device, try a Blackberry, the Samsung Behold II, Motorola Cliq, HTC HD2, anything. I'd say just get another phone, its probably a freak chance of bad phones.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones