• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HTC ONE M8 **FAQ and useful links** -UPDATED 6-22-14

SolApathy

Just another robot
Jun 1, 2010
Ohio
www.billspcrepair.net
HTC ONE -M8 FAQ

**Update June 22th, 2014**

Greetings fellow members! This post will be updated as the forum grows to include links on common issues and FAQ's for the **DEVICE NAME**. If you have anything you think should be added please feel free post here: [URL=http://androidforums.com/private-chat-staff]Private chat with staff.[/url] In addition, If you have any of your own FAQ's, tips, tricks, or suggestions please feel free to post them below. We are looking to expand this FAQ and with your help; turn it into one of the most comprehensive guides at Android Forums.

Looking for diagnostics for all the components in your phone and troubleshooting information?

Open the app drawer>HTC Guide >support>phone health>diagnosttics

You will find many helpful tools in this app, especially for diagnostics. If you do not have the you can download it here: HTC Guide- Play Store

Useful links:

Post Your Homescreens!!

Setting up custom camera/video presets

Screen flickering issues

OTA Update information thread

Tips and tricks for the M8

Battery Life Discussion

Accessory discussion for the M8

Travelling internationally?

No data on T-Mobile phone after flashing GPE ROM

Want to still use Blinkfeed with Nova Prime Launcher?

Problems with your LED not working? It may be Google backup!

Looking to get that Harman/Kardon sound on your regular M8?

General HTC One M8 Forum FAQ's

FAQ Section:

HTC M8 FAQ: These FAQ's cover a wide range of questions regarding the operation on the HTC one.

FAQ -Page 1
FAQ -Page 2
FAQ - Page 3
FAQ - Page 4

Screen replacement:

** If you break your screen within the first 6 months of purchase **

Added link: HTC.com

HTC has 3 options for repair/replacement:

1.>> $29 fee which covers shipping where they send you a new phone and put a $599 hold on your credit card until they get your phone back and evaluate it. If there isn't any damage besides the screen they give you your money back. If there is any other damage they deduct it from your $599. They do say if you modified the phone (rooted it) you will get charged.

2.>> Priority- $19 fee which promises to get your phone back to you in 5 business days.

3.>> Free repair which takes 7 to 10 business days.

General HTC One M8 Forum FAQ:
This is a work in progress and, as such, if you feel that there is anything that needs adding, please PM a guide or start a thread in Private Chat With Staff with your suggestions.

Many thanks :)

1. General Android phone FAQ's?
2. How can I improve my battery life?
3. Are there any HTC One M8 Tips & Tricks?
4. What are the known problems with the HTC One M8?
5. Forum related questions.
6. What is root?/What does being rooted mean?
7. What if I break my screen within the first six months of purchase?

Q: General Android phone FAQ's?
A: Here is a thread on general Android Phone FAQ's

Q: How can I improve my battery life?
A: Smartphones operate on a sort of spectrum. On one end you could put battery life, on the other end all those options like wifi/3g/sync (among other things). If you want great battery life you can't have those on all the time. If you want those on all the time, you won't get great battery life. It is best to find the compromise that works best for you and what you want most out of your phone. Here are a couple of things that you could consider - adjust the screen brightness, do not use live wallpapers, switch off networks when not in use (WIFI, Bluetooth, GPS), adjust update intervals for widgets (do you really need twitter/facebook notifications every half hour?). You could also consider downloading a battery monitoring app such as JuiceDefender.

Q: Are there any HTC One M8 Tips & Tricks?
A: For any tips, if you use the "filter by" and select "Tips" in the sub-forum, you will get many useful tips and tricks.

Q: What are some of the problems people have with their HTC One M8?
A: For any problems and their solutions, if you use the "filter by" and select "Support" in the sub-forum for useful information.

Q: I have a question about how to do something around the forums.
A: Here is a FAQ devoted entirely to that: Android Forums FAQ

Q: What is root?/What does being rooted mean?
A: Here is a post explaining that: What is rooted/does being rooted mean?
Here is a link to the HTC One M8: All Things Root Guide

Q: What if I break my screen within the first six months of purchase?
A: HTC has 3 options for repair/replacement:
One is a $29 fee which covers shipping where they send you a new phone and put a $599 hold on your credit card until they get your phone back and evaluate it. If there isn't any damage besides the screen they give you your money back. If there is any other damage they deduct it from your $599. They do say if you modified the phone (rooted it) you will get charged. Sprint says they won't charge an activation fee for the replacement phone.
Two is a $19 fee which promises to get your phone back to you in 5 business days.
Three is a free repair which takes 7 to 10 business days.
Here is a thread regarding screen replacement: http://androidforums.com/private-chat-staff/839861-htc-m7-m8-screen-replacement.html
See Thread: HTC One M8 FAQ's

Additional links:

HTC One Wiki article

GSM ARENA FULL SPECIFICATIONS

Last edited by a moderator:
To all who posted in this thread prior to 4/10/14:

Due to the rapid growth of this forum, this thread's previous intent as a catch-all for M8 questions & issues was no longer viable. We were getting too many varying topics housed in one thread and it was becoming difficult to follow. Therefore, the decision was made to split out the individual topics to their own threads. We realize that can make it a little tricky to find your posts if you were part of this group, but we felt strongly it was the best option for everyone as new members pour in with some of the same questions and many new ones as well.

If you are having trouble finding your posts and associated conversations previously posted in this thread, you can always find your post from within the side bar in the main M8 forum. Just click on the "All Your Posts" under the "Favorite Forums" header.

If there are any other issues or concerns as a result of this action, or you'd like help finding your posts/thread, please feel free to contact the mod staff as well:

http://androidforums.com/private-chat-moderators/

Thanks for your understanding.
:)

Upvote 0
I could not find car mode or a way to enable it.To make a long story short,the car app showed up under settings/all apps but not in my app drawer.I tried searching for it as well under app drawer with no results.I believe AT&T has disabled this feature but it can be fixed.I used Desktop Visualizer App from the market to locate and add the shortcut to one of my panels,Voila,It now works!I hope this help some AT&T users that are wanting to use this Car Mode on the HTC One M8 :)

Upvote 0
Greetings fellow M8 owners! We are going to try something new here. If you have any of your own FAQ's, tips, tricks, or suggestions please feel free to post them below. I am looking to expand this FAQ and with your help; turn it into one of the most comprehensive guides at Android Forums.

Upvote 0
I have the HTC One M8 and I use the phone when I jog, couple questions I use the APP C2K and use my heapdphones when I jog and use the arm band, problem when phone rings I cant answer without stoping and taking it out of the case, 2) is there away to to get the phone to respond to my voice answer and be able to talk and hear thru the headphones, also change the music by saying"next song" ANY HELP is appreciated. Thanks Chuck

Upvote 0
Ok so im trying to install venom 4.3 to my phone but when i flash it it tells me everything was successful but when i reboot my phone it wont go pass the htc symbol....my phone is s-off and im running a venom software now and guess i have an older kitkat system......im only doing ths is bc my wifi is slower then shit after a recent update and was told im running an older kitkat system and that i need to update it soo any thought are helpful.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones