• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I can't even believe this...

Actually mine says Display 89%, Cell standby 10%, Phone idle 2%...I just noticed something else too. My phone sayd it's been unplugged for 1 hour 30 minutes, but I unplugged it at 10 AM, 4 hours ago...I did power off my phone at one point, I guess that would reset this count.

When you're on the usage screen hit the menu button then tap refresh and you'll be all set...

Upvote 0
Yayyy for everyones battery life!

As for battery glitch, is known moto problem. Have Verizon send you new battery under warranty if causing issues. If still continues, get them to send you brand new phone! :)

Ps: Moto releasing update to fix battery read problem, and a few other things.

So is this a battery problem our a software problem?

Upvote 0
Yayyy for everyones battery life!

As for battery glitch, is known moto problem. Have Verizon send you new battery under warranty if causing issues. If still continues, get them to send you brand new phone! :)

Link to known moto statement from moto please?

Usually battery life threads are traced down to weird software, misconfiguration, etc.... ATK comes to mind here and people killing required processes.

Upvote 0
I have been pretty busy today, but I took my phone off the charger about 12 hours ago and I am at 60%. Like I said I have busy and haven't played with my phone much today but dang that is good.

On a sad note, I was holding my phone and my wife bumped into me and I dropped my phone on the linoleum floor and my battery back fell off. I was super pissed but glad to see not even a scratch on my phone. I never dropped my Incredible and only dropped my Eris once, but this after two days. I think I am going to buy a case now.

the horror!!!!!!!!! I'm so paranoid that this is going to happen to me and the screen will crack! I don't even have the phone yet and I've ordered a case. I swear if my wife bumps into me and makes me drop this phone..... I'll be in the news for sure!

Glad to see it took a drop like that on a harder surface and it didn't crack though

Upvote 0
Had mine since thursday morning and have been charging it 3 times a day. Hopefully its just a software issue and the patch that is being pushed out tomorrow fixes it.

If you go into your battery use screen what does it say? When I first got this phone the battery dropped like 30% in about an hour and when I looked at it there was an app that was just constantly trying to update. I uninstalled that app and my battery life is easily double that of my DINC which had an extended battery...

Upvote 0
Those of you that are having battery issues take the GPS off unless your using it! That is the single thing that drains the battery the most. I have use the he'll out of the phone today! And have 60% after almost 11hrs use. I keep everything stock but keep the gps completly off unless i need it. When i first got the phone i had a stupid first battery drain dead after 6 hours. Started turning off the gps and only the gps and it last all day with tons of use!!!!!!

Upvote 0
I'm having serious battery issues myself. I charged up around 1 p.m. EST and it died on me around 8 p.m. I haven't even configured wifi yet so it is off. I even turn it on standby when not in use. I sent a few texts and checked gmail a few times and downloaded a few apps. I constantly kill apps with task killer. I have the brightness set to 0%, battery on smart, auto shutoff after 2 minutes, etc. I've done everything possible yet my battery won't even last half a day with minimal use.

Upvote 0
well your problem is probably that your killing tasks that need to run in the background. My first step would be to unistall the task killer and then see how your battery last. Also you guys who are complaining about battery life need to realize that even though lithium batteries don't have memory, the battery meter in the phone still needs to be calibrated to the battery. what you see as a drop of about 40% over the course of 2 hours might actually only be about 5 or 10%. But since the meter in the phone isn't calibrated yet it doesn't register correctly.

Upvote 0
well your problem is probably that your killing tasks that need to run in the background. My first step would be to unistall the task killer and then see how your battery last. Also you guys who are complaining about battery life need to realize that even though lithium batteries don't have memory, the battery meter in the phone still needs to be calibrated to the battery. what you see as a drop of about 40% over the course of 2 hours might actually only be about 5 or 10%. But since the meter in the phone isn't calibrated yet it doesn't register correctly.

I certainly don't need the weather channel and things like that running all the time or an app I was using but closed or the Blockbuster and other crapware that is running.

Is there something to change in my gmail settings that is possibly eating up my battery?

Upvote 0
Here's the SECRET to battery life

1. Get used to it. It's a new age and these devices take power. Heck they probably give us these batteries so he go buy the one that should have been in them....

2. Get that a nice car dock.

3. Get a nice desk doc.

4. When you get in car place device in doc :) This thing is great1 It's a GPS, its a Music player, its does everything except detect radar (I hear an app is coming) etc tec and you can do all that while its charging!! :) People get in my car and see my X in the doc can't believe its a phone.

5. When you get to work or home put that thing in that nice doc you got from step 3 :) . Again it turns it into a nice desk or night clock complete with internet access, its can play movies on your TV, I think it can even feed your cat. etc etc and all the while looking GOOD! and CHARGING . It's a MIRACLE I TELL YOU! LOL

Seriously I do this and I haven't even given the tiniest thought to the battery running out.

The multimedia doc is great using the phone in landscape mode and not having to hold it. You can read REAL full web pages and you can work the hold thing with one finger lightly touching it. By doing this the boss doesn't know your cursing the internet all day talking Droid, (yes its a language) and doing it all while it's charging and avoiding office internet usage monitoring ! :) I would never do personally.

So end of story ...get some chargers , nice one if you can. :)

Upvote 0
I certainly don't need the weather channel and things like that running all the time or an app I was using but closed or the Blockbuster and other crapware that is running.

Is there something to change in my gmail settings that is possibly eating up my battery?

I've said this before and I'll say it again. Apps like the weather channel are designed to run in the background. This way they can open faster and don't have to poll for data when you open them. If thats not acceptable for you then you need to find another weather app like RainyDays. If you have to download one app to control another then you really don't need either one!

and if that is not acceptable to you then don't complain that your battery is draining too fast!

Upvote 0
I've said this before and I'll say it again. Apps like the weather channel are designed to run in the background. This way they can open faster and don't have to poll for data when you open them. If thats not acceptable for you then you need to find another weather app like RainyDays. If you have to download one app to control another then you really don't need either one!

and if that is not acceptable to you then don't complain that your battery is draining too fast!

Well I will uninstall the task killer and see if that makes a difference. Thanks.

Oh and I don't think asking for more than 8 hours with very light use is asking too much from a smartphone!! Since I fully charged my phone I had 1 phone call less than 5 minutes long and maybe 10 text messages.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones