I have a question....

Last Updated:

1. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

Why is there a link to the irc channel using a java plugin that hasn't worked in about two years? Just asking. Was curious. My thoughts? Either get it to work or dump it.

(Steven slinks back into obscurity). :p

Advertisement
    costraccoraull likes this.
  2. Rukbat

Rukbat Well-Known Member

Well ...

The Java applet still works.

And there are still people in the channel (although I suspect it's been a while since anyone said anything).

So you got your #1 choice - it works.
  3. Steven58

Well it neither works for me at home or at work. I am using Chrome and IE at home and work and it simply doesn't work. I get the following message:

Startup error: java lang error: Unable to load interface pixx: comsun.deploy.security.BlockedException: Your security

Hmmm... do you think Norton is blocking this for me even though I enable the applet?
  4. jhawkkw

jhawkkw Chinchillin' Moderator

Some of the latest java updates have included extra security protections and has broken a lot of applets that use it. The error you're getting seems to be indicating that you either denied it access or the security upgrade is being enforced.
    Steven58 and costraccoraull like this.
  5. Steven58

so it's a java issue?
  6. jhawkkw

jhawkkw Chinchillin' Moderator

Yep, Java isn't allowing the connection. I just tried entering it, and while I didn't get the error, it won't load for me. So who knows
  7. Thom

Thom Guides Guide

I ASSUME this is the Chat Live link ... correct?

When I selected it under Internet Explorer it gave me a dialog box and recommended that I install the latest security update. I did. The chat window then opened.

... and that's as far as I am allowed to go. If I reload the page it gives me the same dialog box and I get the same result.

... Thom
  8. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Well-Known Member

these are the errors that I receive in sequential order(ignoring and allowing the security warnings):

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

same errors on latest version of Chrome, IE, and Firefox

Attached Files:

9. Phases

Phases Community Manager Administrator

Has worked for me until my attempt just now, and it might work after a restart of my browser as it is prompting me to do but I'm not in a position to do that right now.

I will say, it IS going away - and soon. So heck why not remove it now.
  10. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

Finally.

It hasn't worked for me the entire time I've been here, and I've tried a lot of stuff.

I ended up using Chatzilla and Andchat.