• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I mean this with no disrespect.

I'm sure that with every new phone that releases, you'll find reasons why yours is better. Until you get a new one, then that one will be the best. It's the way most kids view things.;)
No, there really are no phones that will be released in the next 8 months that will trump the incredible. In about 8 months or so you will see phones coming with 45nm snapdragon chips running at 1.3Ghz. Those units will finally be better but untill then the Incredible will rule.

Upvote 0
Not in the next 8 months at least. The Evo 4g does have anything over the incredible other than hdmi output. Besides the Evo 4g can't even fit in your pocket. Whats the point of having a phone if its a pain to take it with you. IMO Incredible is the better phone simply due to its more compact size. And the iphone 4g? Don't make me laugh, Android 2.1 and the soon to be released 2.2 blows away Apples OS4.

Well then by your logic i guess the Incredible is nothing special compared to the N1 then. So you are celebrating about a phone some of us have had for MONTHS now ;)

Personally I think the incredible is really good phone just like the N1. The Evo however will be a much better beast :)

Upvote 0
No, there really are no phones that will be released in the next 8 months that will trump the incredible. In about 8 months or so you will see phones coming with 45nm snapdragon chips running at 1.3Ghz. Those units will finally be better but untill then the Incredible will rule.

This plus a super-amoled screen will comprise the upgraded features for my next cell phone. That's why I purchased the Incredible with a 1 year contract. Oh yeah, Win7 should have had its first patch by then too.

Upvote 0
Well then by your logic i guess the Incredible is nothing special compared to the N1 then. So you are celebrating about a phone some of us have had for MONTHS now ;)

Personally I think the incredible is really good phone just like the N1. The Evo however will be a much better beast :)
That makes no sense....(which ironically your Nexus One does NOT have :D)

Anyway, Yes, the Incredible is better than the Nexus One obviously. I said from THIS point on there will be no phones coming out within the next 8 months that will trump the Incredible.

Motorola Shadow is going to fail simply because Motorola does not have the Engineers to design great phones. Same thing with Samsung, Samsung has pretty much failed to get into the top 5 smart phones club with every unit they have deployed to date. The Omina HD and Omnis II are failures due to not having an Market and the awful resistive screens they use. Same thing is going to happen with the Samsung Galaxy S. Samsung has touted how great the specs will be yet as always once its released it will IMO fail just like every other unit they have launched in the past 4 years.

Dont even get me started with LG. Hell will freeze over before LG can design a high-end smartphone which could compete.

Palm has been bought by HP so we wont see any phone from them for a while...and RIM has no real app market.

Upvote 0
That makes no sense....(which ironically your Nexus One does NOT have :D)

Anyway, Yes, the Incredible is better than the Nexus One obviously. I said from THIS point on there will be no phones coming out within the next 8 months that will trump the Incredible.

Motorola Shadow is going to fail simply because Motorola does not have the Engineers to design great phones. Same thing with Samsung, Samsung has pretty much failed to get into the top 5 smart phones club with every unit they have deployed to date. The Omina HD and Omnis II are failures due to not having an Market and the awful resistive screens they use. Same thing is going to happen with the Samsung Galaxy S. Samsung has touted how great the specs will be yet as always once its released it will IMO fail just like every other unit they have launched in the past 4 years.

Dont even get me started with LG. Hell will freeze over before LG can design a high-end smartphone which could compete.

Let me get this straight. The differences over the incredible has over the N1 are
1. Lacks second mic
2. Has sense UI which we can root onto :) and it is more about personal taste on this.
3. physical buttons
4. 8 gig storage built in
5. track pad
6. smaller battery
7. different outer body
8. 1 led flash extra
9. better multi touch

now the difference from incredible to Evo are
1. BIGGER SCREEN
2. lacks AMOLED
3. 720p recording
4. HDMI out
5. Front facing camera
6. 4G network
7. more RAM
8. bigger battery
9. Kick stand
10. less internal storage
11. fm radio

NOW youre saying the incredible TRUMPS the N1 BUT the Evo DOES NOT trump the incredible? Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Sounds like when you get a SLIGHTLY upgraded N1 (mostly cosmetic changes) it becomes THE phone to end ALL PHONES (well for now) but refuse to accept that the Evo is better with all its upgrades. Now that's a fanboy lol.

Upvote 0
Let me get this straight. The differences over the incredible has over the N1 are
1. Lacks second mic
2. Has sense UI which we can root onto :) and it is more about personal taste on this.
3. physical buttons
4. 8 gig storage built in
5. track pad
6. smaller battery
7. different outer body
8. 1 led flash extra

now the difference from incredible to Evo are
1. BIGGER SCREEN
2. lacks AMOLED
3. 720p recording
4. HDMI out
5. Front facing camera
6. 4G network
7. more RAM
8. bigger battery
9. Kick stand

NOW youre saying the incredible TRUMPS the N1 BUT the Evo DOES NOT trump the incredible? Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

He only has eyes for his new lady Incredible!

He got upset when I tried to show him objective data comparing the screen of the Droid and the Nexus One/Incredible AMOLED panel in his thread about viewing the screen in direct sunlight. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
As a Nexus owner I will enjoy the day 2.2 Froyo drops and the Nexus is rocking the latest Android Features, and the Incredible is still sitting at 2.1..., and will continue to sit there as long as Verizon says you will sit at 2.1 :D

If the Incredible were a better phone, I'd have bought one, like I do every new phone that is better than the one I have.

The Incred has a better camera than the N1, that's it. And that won't mean jack when 2.2 drops...you can keep that camera:D

Upvote 0
No, the Evo does not trump the Incredible.

1. 4g on the Evo is a joke. Did you see the entire 12 locations in the ENTIRE USA that supports 4g. Sprints 4g network is a joke and its going to take them at least another year to develop its 4g capabilities.

2. Biggest problem with Evo is that IT DOES NOT FIT I YOUR POCKET. Evo is more of a micro tablet than a phone. Nobody wants to carry around a mini tablet with them. We want smart phones that can fit in your pocket and not an Evo which you need a laptop carrying case to bring along with you. Its a HUGE device...errr TABLET. Too funny. That device is a HUGE burden to bring along when you go out somewhere.

3. Did you REALLY but the kick stand in there as a PRO? LOLZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. With your mentality I can say my netbook with cell radio built-in is far superior to your Evo tablet device. The Evo is too big to be called a PHONE. It belongs in the Tablet family...end of story.

Upvote 0
2. Biggest problem with Evo is that IT DOES NOT FIT I YOUR POCKET. Evo is more of a micro tablet than a phone. Nobody wants to carry around a mini tablet with them. We want smart phones that can fit in your pocket and not an Evo which you need a laptop carrying case to bring along with you. Its a HUGE device...errr TABLET. Too funny. That device is a HUGE burden to bring along when you go out somewhere.

HTC Evo dimensions: 4.8″ x 2.6″ x .5″
HTC Incredible dimensions: 4.63" x 2.30" x 0.47"

You really need to stop posting for today. You are losing credibility every time you press enter.

Reactions: mcbtrain929
Upvote 0
5thelement is the most obnoxious fanboi I've seen on these forums. Reminds me of the iPhone kids. Your phone is nice, no need to feel superior about it. My phone can do anything yours can, maybe just a split second slower. For the amount I paid for phone and service, I'll deal with the slight lack of speed. I can assure you when I get the EVO or whatever is after it, I won't feel the need to try and rub everyone's nose in it. It seems you may be lacking in other areas.

Upvote 0

1. 4g on the Evo is a joke. Did you see the entire 12 locations in the ENTIRE USA that supports 4g. Sprints 4g network is a joke and its going to take them at least another year to develop its 4g capabilities.

4. With your mentality I can say my netbook with cell radio built-in is far superior to your Evo tablet device. The Evo is too big to be called a PHONE. It belongs in the Tablet family...end of story.

1. It has 4G capability AND 3G ;)

2. lol see the dimensions above my post. Incredible has A LOT more wasted space on bezel than the Evo. Evo is ever so SLIGHTLY bigger.

3. So features that give more capabilities are not a plus BUT slight cosmetic changes are a BIG plus? lol

4. Not my fault you have small hands ;)

Upvote 0
HTC Evo dimensions: 4.8″ x 2.6″ x .5″
HTC Incredible dimensions: 4.63" x 2.30" x 0.47"

You really need to stop posting for today. You are losing credibility every time you press enter.
Yes, Its a MASSIVE difference. Just look at side by side pics! Evo is HUGE, no way will it fit easy into you pockets. Its just WAY too huge of a device to call a phone.

and by the way the Incredible is actually much less than .47 thick, they say .47 because the camera lens sticks out. More like .42 thick.

Upvote 0

i had one on my imagio and used it all the time and i miss it on the incredible.

so 1/4 inch wider and 1/4 inch taller then the incredible makes this a tablet? its only 5% larger in physical size and its not that much larger. not sure if you have seen the HD2 but it is actually pocketable.

No im not an Evo fan boy i have an incredible.

the only negative for the evo is Sprints network and tha might not even be an issue for most. I have ran many many speed tests and sprints network is actaully faster in my area.

Upvote 0
Yes, Its a MASSIVE difference. Just look at side by side pics! Evo is HUGE, no way will it fit easy into you pockets. Its just WAY too huge of a device to call a phone.

and by the way the Incredible is actually much less than .47 thick, they say .47 because the camera lens sticks out. More like .42 thick.

LOl... the Evo's camera sticks out to so maybe they are measuring that when they measure the Evo.

Why do people knock other crap just to make themselves feel better about there purchase? When i bought the droid i hated the hardware and i never once made up crap to make myself like it. whenever i said something negative people got all defensive. I just bought the incredible and i love it except the ubly back on it.

I sitll might upgrade to the Evo when it comes out. I just would really hate toregret my decisoin moving to sprint even though in my area they have good coverage.

Upvote 0
The EVO is a nice piece of hardware but I plan to stick with Verizon. Once they start rolling out LTE we'll have to see what kind of 4G hardware Verizon has. I really don't know how I feel about Verizon using a GSM based data protocol, but I'm sure a lot of that had to do with Vodafone.

The Incredible looks like a great phone (except 5thElement's, his is terrible) but I would not give up my rooted Droid for one. Once we see the rooted potential of the Incredible we'll see.

Upvote 0
so 1/4 inch wider and 1/4 inch taller then the incredible makes this a tablet? its only 5% larger in physical size and its not that much larger. not sure if you have seen the HD2 but it is actually pocketable.

No im not an Evo fan boy i have an incredible.

the only negative for the evo is Sprints network and tha might not even be an issue for most. I have ran many many speed tests and sprints network is actaully faster in my area.
LOLz.... 5% ?? I think someone has failed Geometry class.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones