• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I need some help. Please.

I need to find a company that created an App Locker. Due to circumstances beyond my control, my tablet has basically been locked and I have no way to access any of the programs or settings or anything. this is all due to an app called "App Locker". Now I have done extensive searches and found a bunch of apps that have that name, however none of them are the app that is on my tablet. The only thing that I have to identify the right app is the icon it uses. Since I can't post any links or images showing you what it looks like is not going to be easy. It's got 3 boxes, bottom left is green, top left is yellow, and the top right is blue. The box in the bottom right is a picture of a lock with the hasp sticking up into the box in the top right. What I can do is ask you to go to my site interestingfellow.com (sorry no links yet) where I have posted a graphic representation of the icon on my home page

Some background on this, someone planted this app on my tablet, locked everything, and left me with a useless tablet. I can't go into any details, but it is important that I find a way to unlock this tablet. So if anyone knows who wrote the app or if you know a way to bypass the password, I would be forever grateful.

Thanks for any help with this.
Walter Aumuller
BigDaddy1950

Could you give the make and model of the tablet? It sounds like something that might be OEM.

BTW, this is the icon ...
AppLocker-Icon-200x200-150x150.jpg

Upvote 0
Thanks to all, here is some other info.
The tablet is an ASUS Eee Pad Transformer TF101s
I have researched this to death, to the best of my knowledge, it is not an OEM app
I have tried resetting the tablet several times to no avail. My final action will be to send it to the manufacturer and have them reset it, but I would like to avoid that expense if possible.

Thanks again.
Walter

Upvote 0
You don't need to send it back to reset it.

Press and hold the vol down and the power button until you see the EeePad splash screen. Let go of the buttons and you should see some small type in the upper left and two icons in the center of the screen.

When you see the two icons, press the vol. down key to switch to "wipe data" and then press the volume up button to confirm. You will have ten seconds to do this before the tablet starts up normally. If that happens you will have to try again.

Once reset, it will be able to be setup again.

Reactions: BigDaddy1950
Upvote 0
Thanks, I have been trying this again to no avail. I press and hold the vol dwn and the power until the splash screen comes up, I then press vol dwn and a msg comes up about restoring data then an Android with a spinning wire frame globe pops up for about 3 seconds then an android lying on it's back with the triangle with the exclamation mark in the middle pops up for about 20 seconds then it boots normally. Have tried this numerous times with the same outcome. The only way that I can find, to do a factory reset is through "Settings" and that is locked.. :(

So far I believe that I am destined to send this back to the factory to have them reset it. I'm holding out for as long as I can for now due to the expense.

Thank you one and all for your help in this, and should any of you come across the company that wrote this app, please forward the name to me, I would be forever grateful.

Walter

Upvote 0
My googlefu wasn't much help in this situation either. I was only able to find some shady sites offer .apk files. :(

I was just thinking though, if it might be possible to root this device in the current situation. I wanna say that when I rooted my Galaxy Nexus, there was no interaction with the device until you had to press an on screen button, which took place after a power cycle.

Just thinking out loud.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones