• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I traded in my HOX for S3 and regret it!

I've always been a fan of Sense and agreed it got well too bloated on Sense 3.0 and 3.5 but personally I think Sense 4.0 is quite light.

I also hated the lag but with Sense 4.1 it's been fixed now, smooth as butter.

Honestly if they fixed that multi task thing I may have been swayed...

But I'm hearing rumblings about a new OneX + getting dropped soon. Should be interesting to see what that brings. I would imagine Jellybean and some other goodies.

Upvote 0
I almost pulled the trigger on the One X today. I really want the S3, but It's still $200 don't want to pay that. I was ALMOST sold on the One X until I found out it didn't have the memory card slot. I'm kind of thinking on the next phone I'll move all my music and songs over from my iPod and 16GB would be tight for that. Plus I like having an external area for photos and backups.

So in the end I decided to hold off on an upgrade a little longer (but I am having more and more issue with my Galaxy S).

Upvote 0
I almost pulled the trigger on the One X today. I really want the S3, but It's still $200 don't want to pay that. I was ALMOST sold on the One X until I found out it didn't have the memory card slot. I'm kind of thinking on the next phone I'll move all my music and songs over from my iPod and 16GB would be tight for that. Plus I like having an external area for photos and backups.

So in the end I decided to hold off on an upgrade a little longer (but I am having more and more issue with my Galaxy S).

Get the GS3...U won't be sorry

Upvote 0
Nope....wait for the One X+ or the next Nexus.......u won't be sorry!

If someone is saying they are interested in a phone whether it be HTC, Samsung, LG, etc...And its a current phone that is available now, what's the use of one member agreeing with them and saying I have that device, its pretty good...You won't be sorry if you pick it up, and then another member saying...No dont get it, wait for 2 phones that aren't even announced yet. That's like me saying don't get the new car that's available now, wait for a new better car that's on the horizon. Makes no sense man, something better is always on the horizon.

Upvote 0
Nope....wait for the One X+ or the next Nexus.......u won't be sorry!

And honestly to say wait for a Nexus is just ridiculous ...we are months away for a Nexus announcement, and Nexus devices are primarily developer phones, which means they historically lack in serious consumer friendly areas.. like a kick ass camera...A la...HTC One X and GS3.

Point of the story is nobody knows what the next Nexus will have on board or when it will even be dropped.

Upvote 0
I traded my One X for a SIII because of signal issues and slowness. I keep thinking I am going back to a One X because of missing Sense and some of the options but everytime I try to pull the trigger and list it on Ebay for some reason I just can't do it but I am not sure why. I have not had a single issue with the SIII and signal with Wi-Fi or Network. I am so stuck I don't know what to do. I have never been this way with phones usually I am a huge HTC Fan. Any help would be appriciated.

Upvote 0
I traded my One X for a SIII because of signal issues and slowness. I keep thinking I am going back to a One X because of missing Sense and some of the options but everytime I try to pull the trigger and list it on Ebay for some reason I just can't do it but I am not sure why. I have not had a single issue with the SIII and signal with Wi-Fi or Network. I am so stuck I don't know what to do. I have never been this way with phones usually I am a huge HTC Fan. Any help would be appriciated.

I did the opposite ....kind of!

My first dance with the GS3 was not so great, battery and wifi issues! Anyway what I was going to do was use an upgrade on my account, get the One X for $99, and then sell my GS3 for some good coin and call it a day.

Well in the midst of all this I had my GS3 replaced through at&t for a new one, which honestly doesn't have any of the issues the other unit had, and with that said...The One X I picked up yesterday is in the box already and getting returned tomorrow. I tried man, I just couldn't deal with that dreaded heaviness of sense running on the One X, and a camera that in my eyes really can't touch the GS3's.

At the end of the day the smoothness of the GS3 has just won me over, its honestly the closest phone to ever give the iPhone a real run for its money.

Reactions: Kuhns787
Upvote 0
I did the opposite ....kind of!

My first dance with the GS3 was not so great, battery and wifi issues! Anyway what I was going to do was use an upgrade on my account, get the One X for $99, and then sell my GS3 for some good coin and call it a day.

Well in the midst of all this I had my GS3 replaced through at&t for a new one, which honestly doesn't have any of the issues the other unit had, and with that said...The One X I picked up yesterday is in the box already and getting returned tomorrow. I tried man, I just couldn't deal with that dreaded heaviness of sense running on the One X, and a camera that in my eyes really can't touch the GS3's.

At the end of the day the smoothness of the GS3 has just won me over, its honestly the closest phone to ever give the iPhone a real run for its money.
The smoothness is really wining me over too. I like options in Sense but not the slowness. If they could just put the options of Sense in the GS3 we would have an Awesome phone! We all know that will never happen. LOL I guess the big things about the One X that I miss are the keyboard and the option to control the ringtone volume without having the screen unlocked. Maybe I will just take a couple more days and really think about it.

Upvote 0
The smoothness is really wining me over too. I like options in Sense but not the slowness. If they could just put the options of Sense in the GS3 we would have an Awesome phone! We all know that will never happen. LOL I guess the big things about the One X that I miss are the keyboard and the option to control the ringtone volume without having the screen unlocked. Maybe I will just take a couple more days and really think about it.

Jellybean would most likely fix any issues the One X has, especially with sense feeling so heavy and making the phone feel sluggish. But who knows when that will happen. And one can't help to think the internals of both the X and 3 are fairly similar, and both are running ICS ...So why is the 3 so much smoother and easy running? Its because HTC just won't stop piling nonsense on top of sense, where Samsung has basically made Touchwiz that much quicker and smoother. Scary to think how fast and smooth the 3 will be with Jellybean. I'm sticking with the 3!

Upvote 0
Project butter - OS enhancements such as buffer tweaks, increased frame rates, a system which keeps rendering and touch input events in sync better, and touch prediction come together to make everything run just a little bit better.

Other features receiving addition/enhancements are notifications, offline speech to txt, notifications, google now, and voice search:

Google Voice Search vs. Siri (Android 4.1 Jelly Bean) - YouTube

That is pretty awesome.

I'm in the same boat. Dont know what phone to get. Like the One X price, but no sd slot and and you cant change the battery is killing me.

I've went trough two battery with my Xperia.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones