• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I would like to use the microSD

You copy or move the files using a file manager app. There are many. Coming from Windows the one that I found most Windows-like was ... https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.rhmsoft.fm.

The terminology for referring to data storage varies greatly from one phone model to another. If you tell us the phone you are using we will move this thread to the forum that discussed it.

... Thom

Upvote 0
If you know how to use a usb flash drive then there really isn't much difference.

Install the sdcard and connect your phone to a windows pc and you will be able to access it just like a usb flash drive, it should install drivers automatically and give you prompt when your connect your phone.

Worst case you may have to format the card using your phone and install drivers manually in windows.

Alternatively you can do it from your phone using one of the many available file explorers available on the play store, which can be used to move, copy, cut, paste or edit files.

I recommend ES File Explorer.

Upvote 0
Medion Lifetab tablet with jelly bean update Medion has good reputation especially in Europe. I can find the files using ES File explorer. I have installed many apps.
I connected my usb to my windows laptop and to a external drive but could not get a connection. ES File explorer apparently could not show the Windows hd. It has windows folders and files on it and is very full and of course formatted for win 7. When i connected the external hd alone the tablet showed the amount of hd GB's in the tablet storage but how to find the files I CANNOT DO or understand. Please help. My manual says only connect the hd by micro usb and nothing else. DO I need a blank hd and then format it differently? I am trying to access the Word .doc files from my windows hd. I do have the Kingston office on the tablet and it make .doc files.
Jim

Upvote 0
I bought a Medion desktop here in the US once, in about 2007. FANTASTIC machine. The last parts from it finally got passed on in about 2012(I recycled parts as long as I can, but I constantly replace/upgrade computers), with the motherboard/CPU being in use until 2011. The CPU is STILL in use in a good friend's computer, or was, until just recently.

What format is the external hard drive in? If it's NTFS, reformatting it may be the only option. As a general rule, keep any flash drives, SD Cards, external HDD in FAT32, as its the only format I know that Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8, Linux, Mac, Solaris, Android, etc. can ALL read.

Upvote 0
Medion Lifetab tablet with jelly bean update Medion has good reputation especially in Europe. I can find the files using ES File explorer. I have installed many apps.
I connected my usb to my windows laptop and to a external drive but could not get a connection. ES File explorer apparently could not show the Windows hd. It has windows folders and files on it and is very full and of course formatted for win 7. When i connected the external hd alone the tablet showed the amount of hd GB's in the tablet storage but how to find the files I CANNOT DO or understand. Please help. My manual says only connect the hd by micro usb and nothing else. DO I need a blank hd and then format it differently? I am trying to access the Word .doc files from my windows hd. I do have the Kingston office on the tablet and it make .doc files.
Jim

Try the link below.

Sharp Gaming Accessory Drivers Download - Update Sharp Software

Install the MEDION Tablet Driver Utility on your laptop, then connect your tablet to your laptop using the usb cable once the drivers are installed.

I'm not entirely sure what your doing but this should help you. :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones