• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Ics and clock speed

I have heard from various sources that a reboot w/ battery pull can resolve the low clock speed issue. I have also heard that it was resolved after a Full FDR. Most folks that I interacted with this weekend were running at 1.2GHz after the update. You may want to try one or both of the above to see if that gets you there. I know FDR's aren't fun, but sometimes worth the effort.

BigRedGonzo

Upvote 0
There are reports of some Bionics staying at 1.0GHz after installing ICS whereas most bump to 1.2GHz.

Luck of the draw in manufacturing materials?

... Thom

Yeah, I'll accept that. It could be a tolerance difference somewhere or a matter of a slightly different batch.

So far the experience is just great. I'm not gonna quibble over a couple hundred Mhz.
I'll trade that any time for what I'm seeing here. :D

Upvote 0
There are reports of some Bionics staying at 1.0GHz after installing ICS whereas most bump to 1.2GHz.

Luck of the draw in manufacturing materials?

... Thom

I'm one of the unlucky ones, I stayed at 1.0GHz. Tried the battery pull shutdown and FDR, no luck after either one. Not to big a deal, root and tweakerz app, I'm running just over 1.2 now.

Reactions: Duckster
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones