• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help In such a deep hole help!!

Jason M

Lurker
Jan 18, 2015
So I recently bought a Verzion version of the LG G2 from some guy and it was working fine. After I had it activated Verizon was downloading a Software or System update and after it installed, my phone never booted up to the main screen. Turns out the phone was rooted and had flashed ROMs and what not. I don't really know what it exactly means but I'm starting to understand more and more the more I try to fix it. As of now the only thing my phone does is boot up to the Team Win Recovery Project v2.8.1.9. Not knowing what I was doing, I wiped everything from the phone so the only thing on the SD is the TWRP file. When I go to the reboot option > Power Off I get sent into the screen "Swipe to power off" Above the swipe It says no OS installed. Once I swipe I get put into another Swipe screen but this time it's swipe to install. "Your device does not appear to be rooted. Install SuperSU now?" When I swipe to install, the phone's CMD shows for about a second then it reboots. Note* When I go to the factory reset screen(Holding Vol down and power button) The top left of the screen says rooted. Again nothing besides TWRP files are on the SD card.
What I have downloaded:
LG G2 driver
KitKat_Baseband_VS980
ABD and Android Studio with SDK manager
I was searching on all sorts of forums and they're saying CloudyG3_2.1 is a good way to get the phone working again so I have it downloaded as well.
Also just downloaded ioroot
I tried sideloading it but couldn't really understand how it worked. I couldn't get the files into my phone. ROMs don't really matter as of now because I can't even use my phone, I'm really just trying to get my phone to factory settings as if it was never Flashed/Hacked. If i do manage to recieve help and fix my phone I wouldn't mind added the cool stuff but as of now I just want my phone back.
Please Help!!

thats odd.honestly an update should never have even updated your phone on twrp.it should have just failed.find a custom rom zip file put onto an sd card or something,go to twrp and install it.accept the install supersu if it asks again upon reboot ya ya ya.honestly i dont think it was the rom.you saw the update didnt take and you advanced wipe be my guess removing the system and everything.

also uhhhh i dunno why your downloading a whole sdk and adb interface.last i checked i dont think any lg uses those commands

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones