• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Incoming calls cannot be answered or never make it to my phone.

Tiribulus

Lurker
Nov 15, 2016
Rooted Sprint Galaxy S6 on Lollipop 5.1 with Teamwin recover
http://tiribulus.net/pix/Phone/1.png
http://tiribulus.net/pix/Phone/2.png
Sporadically lags a bit everywhere, but I cannot receive incoming calls. I use another phone to test and it rings on the calling phone several times, goes to my voicemail and THEN rings on my phone and of course can't be answered. It just hangs there all greyed out until I hang up and takes like 20 seconds for the phone app to disappear. Other times it doesn't even ring at all on my phone. I can make outgoing calls.

The Sprint support guy took me through re-provisioning the phone with some dial pad codes, he did something to the SIM card too , I've uninstalled Drupe (which has been great) and reinstalled it. Tried both when on and off the phone. No difference

Wiped both the cache partition and the davlik cache.

This started a couple days ago when the phone rebooted ITSELF without my touching it and then booted back up into an error that said "Unfortunately, NetworkSystemProvider has stopped.". Couldn't do anything. Tapping OK made it go away for half a second and it was back. A friend of mine managed to get some Sprint specific thing either disabled or yanked and the error went away. Everything seemed to be fine. I'm not sure when the phone issue started exactly or even if it's related to that situation or not. I just noticed today that someone was calling me and I couldn't answer. (I do most of my communications online and don't get that many phone calls, but the ones I do get are very important)

Oh yeah, I reseated the SIM after an error saying there wasn't one after the Sprint guy sent some info to it and that went away.

i am at total loss here. The Sprint guy of course wants to wipe the phone. That would be a monstrous drag for all the reasons you guys already know for a phone that has been working great for over a year like it is.

Please be my new hero and tell me what to do if anybody knows. I have good PC skills and SOME with Android, but this is beyond me.

Thank you SO much.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones