• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Incredible Boot Animation

also should i do this, seeing it did copy files over but did't change anying ?

Reverting back to default boot animation

1.) Open an ADB Shell using:
Code:
adb shell
2.) Remove bootanimation.zip from /data/local using:
Code:
rm /data/local/bootanimation.zip
3.) On next boot you'll have the red VZW animation back.

Upvote 0
Ok, I added a little bit to b00sted4fun's original animation...I changed the resolution to 480x800...let me know what you think!

boot.gif

bootanimation.zip

Upvote 0
Ok so I have no idea how to code but I have updated my Eris and Droid to the 2.1 software when I had them. Is there a way to download the boot animation.zip onto my computer then send it my sd card and do a hard rest. That's how i did the updates on the Eris and Droid.

No it doesn't work that way. You might be able to do it with Astro depending on how the Inc is setup though.

Upvote 0
Just tried the original droid animation and it worked just want to make sure it was not my phone.

So you're saying adb push worked? I tried it right after a I got my phone and it didn't work. It just removed the original boot ani and didn't replace it with anything. . . just a black screen. I guess I'll have to try again and see what happens.

Upvote 0
So you're saying adb push worked? I tried it right after a I got my phone and it didn't work. It just removed the original boot ani and didn't replace it with anything. . . just a black screen. I guess I'll have to try again and see what happens.

No it probably did, work but the bootanimation did work. remove it and try one the works.

http://droidboots.com/downloads/boot-animations/

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones