• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Installling new CM ROM gone very wrong

So it says in settings, about phone that the model# is i337M but then yea the baseband is i337ZTUUBOA3, under the battery i337Z

Is that a user error, something my friend or I messedu p?
Is it showing that in stock Android or cm11?
I think in CM 11 it would show the correct baseband because a custom ROM wouldn't change that. Model number would change to show what variant of CM that was flashed.

I have a TracFone S3, model number SCH-968C.
Same as the Verizon i535 but with a unlocked bootloader. I flashed CM 13 nightly using TWRP and CM for the i535.
When you look in Settings-About Phone, model is listed i535, baseband 968C

Upvote 0
The last three digits represent your bootloader. Those change with firmware updates. The Z is what I was looking for. Your phone will be fine.

Well that's good news.
Thank you so much for your intense help!
Can I ask one more thing?
Should I get stock ROM back asap like previously mentioned?
Just upload the Gapps for my current ROM?
Or go back to the nightly?

Upvote 0
Oh ok,
Is it showing that in stock Android or cm11?
I think in CM 11 it would show the correct baseband because a custom ROM wouldn't change that. Model number would change to show what variant of CM that was flashed.

I have a TracFone S3, model number SCH-968C.
Same as the Verizon i535 but with a unlocked bootloader. I flashed CM 13 nightly using TWRP and CM for the i535.
When you look in Settings-About Phone, model is listed i535, baseband 968C

Oh ok gotcha. That makes sense. I'm unsure of how to get back to stock android

Upvote 0
It's good to have the stock firmware download and saved to PC for emergency and use Odin to flash.if you currently have the Snapshot installed, you could try just flashing the Gapps.
Sometimes best to do a clean install. Preform wipes,then flash rom then Gapps

Yea I'll definitely be saving everything to my computer. So I think the wipes was where I made my first error. Should I just stick with the default 3 that are already selected?

Upvote 0
Alright guys I'm back so everything is good except, every GApps file I've tried has not worked/failed to install in recovery. The last one I tried was weird. When I swiped to install, the whole screen just gave a quick white light flash in the background. Took a bit to reboot and thankfully not bricked or messed up but no gapps.

Any advice? What is my best option here?

Upvote 0
could you please tell me where i can get stock rom for kyocera brigidier , i tried to un root my phone and it failed and now it wont boot past kyocera logo. iam on verizion. thanks!
Didn't find anything that looks promising other than the Verizon update and repair tool but I think device has to boot to install the PC software and to use
http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-117779/
You could ask in the sub forum for your device here
http://androidforums.com/forums/kyocera-brigadier.2798/

Upvote 0
Where are you getting your Gapps file?
Are you choosing Arm or Arm 64?
Try Open Gaaps
http://opengapps.org

If you are still trying CM11, should be Arm- 4.4-
Size Gapps. I like micro.
Thank u. I tried that though and it seemed like it was gonna go but gave a message saying it needed to replace an open gapps file and that my phone has a gapps file that is incompatible and it won't work. When I switched to my last ROM the latest nightly everything was fine I didn't even need to redo gapps.

Reactions: Jfalls63
Upvote 0
Hey guys so quick question. I'm noticing a good amount of Wifi and mobile data lag, freezing with text and calls, apps foreclosing. What is this usually due to?
How would I be able to tell if I corrupted my efs?
Also is there a safe way to remove all other ROMs (like cm ROMs i downloaded but don't want) along with associated folders?
I'm thinking maybe the data is clashing causing these issues.

Reactions: Bg260
Upvote 0
First, I can tell you that there is no clashing data. As long as it is not a part of your device partition "/" or root, it is safe to delete. What you need to do is use a good file browser and start looking around. To have a better understanding of your phone, start by getting a better understanding of the file system. That's basically all it is. Without it your phone would be an inert collection of plastic, wires, glass, and some trace rare earth's! :D

Upvote 0
First, I can tell you that there is no clashing data. As long as it is not a part of your device partition "/" or root, it is safe to delete. What you need to do is use a good file browser and start looking around. To have a better understanding of your phone, start by getting a better understanding of the file system. That's basically all it is. Without it your phone would be an inert collection of plastic, wires, glass, and some trace rare earth's! :D
OK awesome, :D I'll start there, thx!

I have ES explorer but I dunno it doesn't tell much. I'm trying out ROM toolkit right now.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones