Interesting problem with Facebook

Last Updated:

1. smfoley1

smfoley1 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So I was commenting on a post using my driod and when the post showed up on the FB page it was as if my GF had made the comment instead of myself. This is the second time this has happened. Any ideas why this is happening?

Advertisement
  2. gnath9

gnath9 Well-Known Member

maybe she is logged in from your phone .... sign out and back in

3. smfoley1

def not it. she doesnt use my phone ever. and this will happen right after I have made another post without any problem. Also the next post after this happens is always right as well....weird

4. LZeitgeist

LZeitgeist Well-Known Member

My guess is she's checking out your phone and FB account when you're not looking, then doing a bad job of covering her tracks. If your girlfriend's account and interference isn't involved somehow, then your post could randomly look like it's coming from any FB account in existence, but that's not what's happening...

5. ralphtrent

ralphtrent Well-Known Member

yeah its a little two much of a coincidence that its always the same user your "posting as" and that person just so happens to be someone that you know, pretty closely. To test it out, put a lock pin on your phone so she can not get on it, OR create an m.facebook.com icon on your home screen and tell her to only use that OR just breakup with her, what ever floats your boat.

6. ontheriver

ontheriver New Member

Facebook is showing December 31st as "recent posts" for me. Anyone else?

7. smfoley1

this is all happening w/o the phone ever leaving my hand/pocket. Ill post a comment and it posts as me. then the next time I post it posts as her. then I will see that and immediately send a post saying, that was from me, not her. All with her never having touched the phone. This has only happened two times.

8. gnath9

gnath9 Well-Known Member

maybe she has some crazy powers or something .... :eek:

(only kidding) lol

9. nightrain

nightrain Member

Me too. It's been doing that for a while now, but I always just assumed it was because I still haven't updated to the last version of Facebook since it supposedly drains your battery (Was that ever fixed, BTW?).

10. werny

werny Member

me and my friend as well

11. thaDroidz

thaDroidz Well-Known Member

I have 2 accounts. Sometimes for some reason it gets them confused. The app will be 1 login and if I go to full site it maybe the other..
    Confront her, she has logged from your phone atleastonce. Clear all data on browsers and the app.

12. zandroid

zandroid Well-Known Member

Yesterday I opened up the Facebook app and for some reason it was the previous version, even though I've been updated for weeks. Quite odd.

13. thaDroidz

thaDroidz Well-Known Member

I also use bffphoto and if I don't log off of it when I go to Facebook it tends to do the swap thingy. So i guess make sure Amy apps that use Facebook are logged off completely ..

14. shadybuckeye

shadybuckeye Member

yeah they had another update a few day later and it fixed the facebook battery drain issue:)

15. smfoley1

Come to think of it, I had logged her in once before when we were on the road so she could check something her sister sent her so thats probably whats happening. I know she isnt sneaking onto my phone to check up on me. She has no reason to and she isnt the jealous distrustful type...