• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

iPhone 5 to Galaxy S3

MissPammyJ

Lurker
Jan 11, 2013
I've had an iPhone for quite a while now...started with the 4S and now I have the 5. I'm an Apple user...MacBook Pro, iPod, iPad Mini and the 5.

However...I am MEGA bored with the iPhone 5. I love Apple but being a what I consider "tech savvy" girl, I like customization. My phone is everything...I keep my life in the phone, so I want to be able to make it look like I want.

So now I'm thinking of dumping my iPhone 5 for the Galaxy S3.

Thoughts?

If you're okay with being frustrated by glitches in the phone software that make it just ever so annoying, then feel free to try one out.

Of course, most of those glitches can be resolved by rooting and flashing a custom ROM (of your choice), but that will invariably cause you to find a few other problems with that ROM, which then leads you to do more research and flash a different ROM, which leads you to becoming a flash-aholic.

Also, Android doesn't play well with Mac, so if you have to flash back to stock, it's also difficult.

As always, I suggest that you use the phone that you are contemplating purchasing. My opinion is definitely not going to be yours.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones