• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

iPhone to Droid? Considering with Trepidation

kslowery

Lurker
Jul 8, 2010
Hi,! I don't have a Droid phone yet. BUT I am thinking about it. I have an old Apple iPhone but running t-mobile. It is not working properly (I purchased it second hand.) I would like to have the new iPhone4 but it is too expensive to buy at $699.

I can get on someone else's verizon family plan so I've been exploring options. In short, I've been looking at the Android Incredible because it is very iPhone-like except it does have actual buttons (which I don't like bc I'm not used to it.) But I am impressed with many of the Droid features.

But I've been hearing (and reading) lots of problems with the Inc and other HTC products. My friend had one and I wasn't impressed. The Inc reminds me of that old phone of his. It was clunky and frustrating. My friend has the Droid and I don't like the way it looks because it just isn't as polished looking as a Mac. Also, I would NEVER use an actual QWERTY keyboard, being spoiled with the way the iPhone works. I am used to it that way and have no intent of changing. Droid's keyboard makes it MUCH bulkier than the iPhone and difficult to slip in my shirt pocket. (Where I prefer it to be.)

The biggest dilemma is will it sync flawlessly with my Mac the way my iPhone does. Anything less than that is not acceptable. I do not want to have to buy new software or upgrade my pre-existing software.

I'd like to hear if anyone is in this situation.

thanks for the help!

I just got the Motorola droid last Saturday as the incredible was on a month backorder.

All i can say, being a mac guy, is that i simply love this phone. The network is amazing, and theres ENDLESS ways to customize your droid. If the iphone was on verizon i would have bought it.. however i can now say im glad the iphone isn't on verizon, because to put it quite simply, the droid offers so many more ways to customize and make it your own. Theres a wide variety of apps that enhance your ability to use the phone's potential.

That being said, i still use my ipod for music, because you can't sync with itunes.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones