• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

is it safe to run android 2.2 on the (sprint) htc hero with google

I was on the fence about rooting my phone as well, had it for about 3 months before I finally did it (last weekend). I am using CM6 and am thrilled, no more dialer lag!

Here are the things I've noticed:
No more dialer lag
SetCPU to overlock definitely helps
JuiceDefender helps battery life a ton
I believe I flashed Collins Battery Tweak as well

Upvote 0
I was on the fence about rooting my phone as well, had it for about 3 months before I finally did it (last weekend). I am using CM6 and am thrilled, no more dialer lag!

Here are the things I've noticed:
No more dialer lag
SetCPU to overlock definitely helps
JuiceDefender helps battery life a ton
I believe I flashed Collins Battery Tweak as well

i love cm6 all i did was the collins battery tweak it takes care of the overclock and battery. the only thing i've noticed is i dont get very good 3g signal with cm6 as i did with stock

Upvote 0
i love cm6 all i did was the collins battery tweak it takes care of the overclock and battery. the only thing i've noticed is i dont get very good 3g signal with cm6 as i did with stock

If you are talking bar problems (signal), that's just something right now, I think it will be fixed in due time. Don't worry, your signal is just the same as with stock 2.1. Unless your getting dropped calls, slow data speeds

Upvote 0
I just had this issue with 2.1 ROM and fixed it. I had to go to Settings->Wireless and Networks and uncheck Mobile Network and check it again. Maybe that'll do the trick.

Good thought but in CM6, there isn't mobile network only airplane mode. Huffman, have you tried that?

If your data speeds are slow, what are you getting on speedtest?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones