is OTA Upgrade of Android Version Possible in SGS-2 ?Support

Last Updated:

1. augustya

augustya Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have a SGS-2 and I have a windows Vista Home OS on my Laptop and I have Kies Version when I try to Upgrade to the latest Android Version 2.3.3, it says updating and the end it says update failed. I have tried all permutations and combinations.

It just does not upgrade to the latest version of Android. like the iPhone can Android Version not be upgraded over Wi-Fi or over the Internet Connection OTA without using a USB cable.

The Kies Version on my machine is Ver.2.3.0.1

Can it be a Windows Vista Problem ? I would prefer if it can be done OTA. When I try upgrading the Android Version from my phone OTA it says connection to the server failed.

Advertisement
  2. caloyzki

caloyzki Well-Known Member

i dont know if OTA ever exist, because since i own this phone everytime i checked for updates thru OTA it always says no updates available,but in kies yes i do get updates. so i always check on kies regarding updates.

3. shepo73

shepo73 Well-Known Member

The only ota update I know of was by vodafone uk

4. Sword Fish

Sword Fish Well-Known Member

Simple answer, yes the S2 can get firmware updates over the air. The OTA update however is dependent on your carrier usually and not Samsung.

5. jammie1212

jammie1212 Well-Known Member

I have done it ota and im on vodafone. i find it fae easier to do it ota because kies is a pile of crap. i went from 2.3.3 to 2.3.5.