• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help is OTA Upgrade of Android Version Possible in SGS-2 ?

augustya

Sep 19, 2010
I have a SGS-2 and I have a windows Vista Home OS on my Laptop and I have Kies Version when I try to Upgrade to the latest Android Version 2.3.3, it says updating and the end it says update failed. I have tried all permutations and combinations.

It just does not upgrade to the latest version of Android. like the iPhone can Android Version not be upgraded over Wi-Fi or over the Internet Connection OTA without using a USB cable.

The Kies Version on my machine is Ver.2.3.0.1

Can it be a Windows Vista Problem ? I would prefer if it can be done OTA. When I try upgrading the Android Version from my phone OTA it says connection to the server failed.

I have a SGS-2 and I have a windows Vista Home OS on my Laptop and I have Kies Version when I try to Upgrade to the latest Android Version 2.3.3, it says updating and the end it says update failed. I have tried all permutations and combinations.

It just does not upgrade to the latest version of Android. like the iPhone can Android Version not be upgraded over Wi-Fi or over the Internet Connection OTA without using a USB cable.

The Kies Version on my machine is Ver.2.3.0.1

Can it be a Windows Vista Problem ? I would prefer if it can be done OTA. When I try upgrading the Android Version from my phone OTA it says connection to the server failed.
i dont know if OTA ever exist, because since i own this phone everytime i checked for updates thru OTA it always says no updates available,but in kies yes i do get updates. so i always check on kies regarding updates.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones