• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Is there a way to clear the g1

DarkTLRider said:
Yes do a factory reset. From the home screen hit menu then sd card and phone storage then factory reset. Will make it like it just came out of the box.
What he said.

I had to do it when I bought two G1s. The T-Mo rep told me which was mine and which was my wife's. I fired 'em up as soon as I got home, put our info into each and set them up... Then found out the T-Mo rep got it dead wrong, so I wiped 'em clean and started over.

I know I could've swapped the SIMs, but there's a reason I didn't. Damned if I can remember what that reason was right now. ;)

Upvote 0
musta been the guy who stole my first G1. :(
I was thinking if he was a rep why would he be here asking a basic question like that? He could have picked up the phone and had the answer in like 2 min. speaking of stolen phone's there is a thread about that here and GetItBack will be available in a few months for android, I posted in the thread about it. Looks really cool.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones