I've moved on and cut the chains of contracts!General

Last Updated:

1. willdogs

willdogs Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi All!

I've been a Thunderbolt owner since the day it came out! I was one of the first to have it in my hands. I've been thru many ups and downs with my TB, its really been a love hate relationship, but she has served me well.

Recently a co-worker of mine schooled me on going pre-paid and how he loves the low monthly payments. I decided to start investigating and when I decided it was for me, I chose to go with the Nexus 4 and use t-mobiles Monthly4G as my provider. After 2 days I am very happy with a zippy phone and just a zippy service for just $30 a month! I'm never looking back!

Verizon is getting bigger and bigger and getting more money hungry by the day, i'm tired of it. Yes they have great coverage, but with wifi everywhere I go, I only really need the service when I am in my car, and t-mobiles speeds are no slouch for the price I am paying!

Look at my average speeds today using t-mobile

[​IMG]

I can't complain with those speeds to be honest. Sure I wont get very good coverage if I leave a major metro area, but thats the beauty of going pre-paid, I am jump around to different providers whenever I want! If I get tired of T-mobile, I go to AT& or Straight Talk, etc... Also when I travel I am free to use this phone in any country!

I tell ya, its like breaking up from a really bad relationship lol

If anyone is interested, here are the available plans
    Monthly 4G Prepaid Plans | Compare Prepaid Data Plans | T-Mobile

I get unlimited Data and Text and only 100 Minutes talk time for $30/month. It works for me because I dont talk much. If I go over its only 10 cents a minute and I can keep $20 in my account for overage which rolls over month to month if I dont use it.

If you have any questions let me know!

BTW the Nexus 4 is so much faster than my TB, its almost unreal. Apps install in just 2-3 seconds sometimes lol. I remember when the TB was one of the faster phones out there, tech really moves fast!

Cheers!

Advertisement
  2. Treknologist

Treknologist Well-Known Member

Thank you for posting this as this is exactly what I plan to do. Glad to see you are happy with the change. I've no doubt that the N4 is better than the TBolt but my concern was with T-Mobile (though from what I've read, I don't have to be concerned much). What area are you in?

3. Joon525

Joon525 Well-Known Member

I'm doing the exact same thing.
    I just bought my Nexus 4 (ebay) tonight and will be cutting ties with Verizon in early March.

4. HTCTundaBow

HTCTundaBow Well-Known Member

I did the same thing, and don't regret it one bit. Love my N4 and Tmobile. The only thing I miss is my beloved kickstand!

5. Treknologist

Glad to hear it. I hope to be on that boat in a couple of months. :)

That is the one thing that I know, for a fact, that I'm going to miss!

6. Rommel1

Rommel1 Member

7. Funderbolt

Funderbolt Well-Known Member

Sounds good except your coverage is very limited compared to before.

8. PDubs

PDubs Member

Am I safe to assume you were not able to port your existing # over to a prepaid device?

9. GatorfanDroid

GatorfanDroid Well-Known Member

I'll be moving on from my Tbolt too and from VZW but to Sprint once the s4 comes out! I'm tired of large phone bill and not be able to upgrade ( unlimited data still on plan)

10. Treknologist

You can port your number over. It may take 24 hours for the port to happen, but it can be done.

11. raulorozco987

raulorozco987 New Member

Hi everyone, i´m a rookie in smartphone´s world, i recently received a htc TB, from a cousin, i live in méxico and since i got it i´ve been researching and moving around terminology and procedures to root, s-off, etc; i know it´s an ´old´ phone (released back in 2011), looks like i finally got it, right now, using revolutionary and not without many troubles, i rooted and s-off the TB, i flash recovery and the phone looks ok, so far; my trouble, as you can imagine, is how the heck can i perform what it´s called a sim unlock, if anyone of you can help me i would very much appreciate it, huge thanks in advance (any suggestions for best roms, recoveries, apps, etc will also be a great help;by the way i´m sorry for my writing mistakes (english is not my native tongue)). Thanks a lot again to everyone.