• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Java updated from 22 to 23, will it cause issues?

Shorte85

Android Enthusiast
Nov 12, 2010
Michigan, USA
Okay, I'm not sure if this is really a problem. But figured this is something categorized as help? I don't know, move as you please because I wasn't really sure where this needed to be posted.... anyways! :)

I had downloaded SDK when I was getting ready to get rooted, for a few good reasons which I'm not really going to go into it because it isn't relevant to the question I'm about to ask.

My question is related to SDK though. Now, you remember how we needed to download a certain java version for SDK? Well today, a indicator popped up stating that there is an update for Java. However, my question is this. If I update it, will that mess up SDK or make it stop working? Does SDK keep up with the java updates, and when you go to update Java the SDK accepts it?

Here's the screen shot:

aafe8313cfdd4e7986bb0f8.png

What should I do? Has anyone else came across this issue as well, and did you update it and have no problem with SDK? I know SDK called for Java 6 Update 22, but if I were to update it to 23 what problems am I facing?

Thanks, and I appreciate any information you can provide. :)

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones