Jelly Bean for Infinity has arrived!General

1. jhawkkw

jhawkkw Chinchillin' Moderator

Just got a firmware update downloading, will report back soon. Though it seems to be large. I think its jellybean.

Edit: Confirmed to be jellybean. Installing now!

Second Edit: Installed successfully and ota rootkeeper restored root without any problems. Whole process took about 20 minutes.

[​IMG]

Advertisement
    ocnbrze and novox77 like this.
  2. jhawkkw

I have to say, after about an hour, it feels much snappier. Most of the lag that was in the ICS version is gone.
  3. novox77

novox77 Leeeroy Jennnkinnns! VIP Member

Curious if the Netflix app is still super laggy or not.
  4. jhawkkw

It's a little better once images are loaded. But while loading images for the shows/movies it is still extremely laggy and freezes a lot.
    novox77 likes this.
  5. BIG CAT 7

BIG CAT 7 Well-Known Member

Downloading now, can't wait to take JB for a spin!!!!!!!!:D
  6. sikclown

sikclown Well-Known Member

Installed and putting it through it's paces now. So far the Stock Browser is faster to load the entire page and feels like it browses faster.

Netflix is still frustratingly slow to load but I wonder if that will change if they optimize it for JB.
  7. Dave L

Dave L Well-Known Member

Yep, just got the JB update over here in Thailand. Update went without issue.

It's a bit late now, will try it out tomorrow.
  8. ghostyjack

ghostyjack Active Member

I've got it to in the UK.

To be honest, I'm not seeing much improvement with lag. That could be because I didn't see much in the first place. Coming from an original Samsung Galaxy Tab (stuck with Froyo), the Infinity was a massive improvement anyway.
  9. TexasBadger

TexasBadger Well-Known Member

Installing JB in Dallas right now. Upgraded home Wi-Fi last Friday to 58 Mbps down and 38 Mbps up. Life is good!
  10. GabrielStorm

GabrielStorm Member

d/l as i type this. in da ROC.

~gabriel
  11. pillbug

pillbug Active Member

Me too! Me too! (installing now)
  12. xmetalfan99

xmetalfan99 Well-Known Member

I can't get mine to find the update when told to search for it. Any suggestions?
  13. snuggles

snuggles Well-Known Member

I just got my update!
  14. Skittlez

Skittlez Well-Known Member

just downloaded and went to install, goes to a black screen(screen on with nothing on it.) Went to bootloader and clicked wipe data, and i think it was Jelly Bean that started but then it just shut off on me and went to the black screen again. anyone else have the issue and/or know how to fix it?
  15. TexasBadger

TexasBadger Well-Known Member

JB is faster and smoother than ICS. The new browser meant new passwords on all my bookmarked websites and ICS Browser+ is now dead. So are video sites using Flash, like PBS TV. There is supposedly a way to sideload and install Flash on JB. I'll have to research that. Face unlock works better, even with blinking. Google's "Search Now" is pretty slick, and so are the expandable notifications.

Bottom line: JB is a definite upgrade.
    Krakatau likes this.
  16. cambo1

cambo1 Well-Known Member

All very good except Swype doesn't work properly with jelly bean..
  17. rscarawa

rscarawa Well-Known Member

I downloaded JB too. There are some improvements but still see lag everyonce in a while. My Nexus S4 G has the same issue. JB on my phone is nothing to brag about for sure but it seems to work better on my tablet.
  18. panras

panras New Member

Just upgraded to JB. Everything works fine except camera and gallery. Anyone else facing this issue? Any idea what could be possible reason?
  19. Krakatau

Krakatau New Member

Mmmm...PB-JB sandwich is yummier than the Ice Cream Sandwich! Somethings still lag, but definitely smoother overall. Quadrant's I/O score still well below TF201's.
  20. pucrepeap

pucrepeap Well-Known Member

I gotta be honest,

I don't see a whole lot of improvement with the JB update. Not that I had much to complain about before. My infinity actually ran great before the update, and still runs great after. But I don't see a huge difference. Not looking forward to no flash, but I'm sure there will be a work around. I am excited about Google Now though.

What other differences should I be looking for with Jelly Bean?
  21. Vildy

Vildy Active Member

Just upgraded to Jelly Bean.. Lost my "Quick Settings Panel" at the bottom right side of screen.. Having to go into "Settings" from Apps panel to do to do just about everything. Bummer!!! Haven't test drove any other apps yet..ASA I figure out how to restore QSP I will report back..
  22. jerofld

jerofld Fixing stuff is not easy VIP Member

Before taking the update, I copied the file from the cache folder. So, if you still can't get the update, and you have the US version (US version only!!!) then I have the update file:

Again, this is the US Version!!!
    ocnbrze and johnlgalt like this.
  23. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

I just got the update myself. I meant to check yesterday but forgot. I also meant to copy it from/cache but forgot. C'est la vie!
  24. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

Mine still works....did you perchance perform a factory reset before installing the update? I did *NOT*.....
  25. takehiro12

takehiro12 Member

Just got my update yesterday, took about 15-20 minutes. Did one cold boot about half an hour after it finished. First impressions are that the tablet has continued to improve, even more than it did with the firmware updates. Everything is zippy and smooth with very little lag, but I haven't yet had time to test all my apps. Enjoyed playing around with Google Now. Siri, watch your back! :)