• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Jelly Bean for Infinity has arrived!

Mine still works....did you perchance perform a factory reset before installing the update? I did *NOT*.....

Thanks.. No factory resets..Just downloaded w/o cold boot or backups. Still not working.. I've gone through all of the various settings in "Settings > ASUS customizing settings > Use ASUS Quick Setting, etc, etc... Still not working..Looks like something that I'm force to live with.... sigh....:(

Upvote 0
Thanks.. No factory resets..Just downloaded w/o cold boot or backups. Still not working.. I've gone through all of the various settings in "Settings > ASUS customizing settings > Use ASUS Quick Setting, etc, etc... Still not working..Looks like something that I'm force to live with.... sigh....:(

Update... I'm having other issues (it just may be me, I'm not a techie) but I've decided to reset everything back to factory default (Go to SETTINGS - BACKUP & RESET - FACTORY RESET) and start from scratch.

Upvote 0
Installed JB. I find the browser still sucks. Loads slowly and crashes/closes on me. All of my eBooks are now showing up twice. What's up with that?

I installed the JB update and then did a cold boot. After it started again I did another "regular" shutdown and restart. Results are as stated above.

I was facing challenge with camera and gallery. Did factory reset after installing Jelly bean. Working awesome now. JB is very smooth and fast as compared to IC. Reloded all apps and tested.... Everything working fine.

Upvote 0

Update... I'm having other issues (it just may be me, I'm not a techie) but I've decided to reset everything back to factory default (Go to SETTINGS - BACKUP & RESET - FACTORY RESET) and start from scratch.

UPDATE...

My rig...TF700 64g internal drive... 64g SD card.. Had it about 2 months. Before Jelly Bean, everything was as smooth as silk.. Could play my own movies, music and read books faultless from external SD card. No lags, glitches, etc..

After Jelly Bean update, lost Quick setting panel, lagged on movies and music from SD card. Epub books rendered mirror image double paged pages in landscape mode i.e, I had two pages 1, two page 2, two page 3, yada yada yada..

Did factory reset and wiped out all data. Did not enable WiFi b/c I did not want it to re-download Jelly Bean. But it did not roll back to Ice Cream 4.0.3. like I thought it would..It retailed Jelly Bean 4.1.1. Okay, I'll play along..Guess what, I still have the same issues. So, if I can't get it back to the silky smoothness of Ice Cream, I will be sending it back. Maybe Jelly Bean corrupted something or exposed something lurking in the background..

Hope everyone else is not experiencing any major issues...You know, there is always one in the bunch that will have problems, so I guess it's my turn in the barrel. But, I still love my rig and will not bad mouth it to anyone

Upvote 0
So far so good here - over 48 hours of constant use with JB update, and seems to be rid of all lag that was there when using my bluetooth mouse (it actually lagged quite a bit in ICS). I declare myself impressed with this update, it is significantly smoother, and I am constantly doing a lot of HD video playback, browsing, Splashtopping, etc. So glad they are continuing to get it right -ICS was a phenomenal first step to stabilizing and refining Android. JB is a success!

Hope the next update (major one, like 5.0) will give us the split-screening of apps like what Win8 gets - that would be awesome!!

Upvote 0
UPDATE...

My rig...TF700 64g internal drive... 64g SD card.. Had it about 2 months. Before Jelly Bean, everything was as smooth as silk.. Could play my own movies, music and read books faultless from external SD card. No lags, glitches, etc..

After Jelly Bean update, lost Quick setting panel, lagged on movies and music from SD card. Epub books rendered mirror image double paged pages in landscape mode i.e, I had two pages 1, two page 2, two page 3, yada yada yada..

Did factory reset and wiped out all data. Did not enable WiFi b/c I did not want it to re-download Jelly Bean. But it did not roll back to Ice Cream 4.0.3. like I thought it would..It retailed Jelly Bean 4.1.1. Okay, I'll play along..Guess what, I still have the same issues. So, if I can't get it back to the silky smoothness of Ice Cream, I will be sending it back. Maybe Jelly Bean corrupted something or exposed something lurking in the background..

Hope everyone else is not experiencing any major issues...You know, there is always one in the bunch that will have problems, so I guess it's my turn in the barrel. But, I still love my rig and will not bad mouth it to anyone

LATEST UPDATE:

In email contact with Asus support trying get everything resolved. If we can not resolve things, I will request RMA for new tablet or a refund.

Upvote 0

UPDATE...

LATEST UPDATE:

In email contact with Asus support trying get everything resolved. If we can not resolve things, I will request RMA for new tablet or a refund.

Since you're talking to them, that's good. I would suggest taking your laptop back to ICS if possible and then reapplying the update yourself. (Aside - is there a way to install factory default software? I've been to the ASUS website and I can get all of the Updates downloaded - but I'm looking more for a complete system package, like in Motorola Phones formerly called .SBFs and currently called .FXZs...any ideas on this for these tablets? That would sure help....)

My update was not 100% error free - but I don't know if this is caused by the game I'm playing or JB - but The Bard's Tale will continually freeze, then cause the machine to reboot, when I am playing, particularly when I am in a heavy combat situation.

I'm considering performing a factory reset anyway, since JB, even though it is a minor version update, may, in fact, work out better with a factory update to replace apps that were updated in ICS that now need to be re-updated with GB versions.

FWIW - a Factory reset will wipe data but not the system files - it doesn't wipe everything and install a virgin OS as it was from the factory, like with computers.

So far so good here - over 48 hours of constant use with JB update, and seems to be rid of all lag that was there when using my bluetooth mouse (it actually lagged quite a bit in ICS). I declare myself impressed with this update, it is significantly smoother, and I am constantly doing a lot of HD video playback, browsing, Splashtopping, etc. So glad they are continuing to get it right -ICS was a phenomenal first step to stabilizing and refining Android. JB is a success!

Hope the next update (major one, like 5.0) will give us the split-screening of apps like what Win8 gets - that would be awesome!!

You can get a dual-pane file mananger now - look at Solid Explorer Beta 2.

Yes, I know this is only the file manager, but it's a step in the right direction.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
WOOOOOHOOOOO

got me some:
jellybeann.jpg

so i downloaded the update last night and i just installed it about an hour ago. so far it seems a little laggy right now. i'm gonna power it off and reboot it and see if that helps. and so far it has made the dolphin browser way slow. almost to the point where i need to search for a different one. the only thing is i have not found another browser that i like. i love dolphin's ease of getting to your bookmarks.

gonna play with it some more and see if i run into other issues.

Upvote 0
After having JB for a few days I have noticed some things I don't like. It seems I have to tap the screen harder than before to get it to respond, sometimes when I hit the wrong key the backspace button wont work until I tap the screen (I'm using the keyboard dock) and I don't like the new Google search in the top left hand corner. Also, with ICS, it would remember things like the store number and my customer number in the Food Lion survey I take. I will update on other "bugs" as I find them. I'm no techie but I want stuff to work the way it should. I hope Asus and Google read these forums to see where they need to improve and wish they would get the updates free of their quirks before they're released.
That being said, it did fix the problem of not being able to pay bills with my online banking which was a big problem imo. Oh, and that annoying thin line that flashes on my screen from time to time only happens on this forum :thinking:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones